What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mbern1008 said:
I've across 4 games now that do not seem to be working in IOS 5

Slice HD :( Sad cause it's my favorite game to play as a group
Dead space
Tiger woods 12
UNO hd

I had a lot of crashes too.
I downgraded to 4.3.3.

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
I had a lot of crashes too.
I downgraded to 4.3.3.

I'm thinking about it too but I really like the split keyboard and safari tabs...... Hmmmmm. Decisions decisions

And the new notifications too

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mbern1008 said:
I'm thinking about it too but I really like the split keyboard and safari tabs...... Hmmmmm. Decisions decisions

And the new notifications too

Me too. I just can't live without being jailbroken. :)

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Me too. I just can't live without being jailbroken. :)

I lost my jb months ago when I went to an iPad 2. The biggest thing I miss is sbsettings. If they can add something similar to the new notification curtain it would be golden and I would have no need to jb anymore

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I can say is it is TOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
93 everyday is too hot. :)
And I do blow a lot of people away that I am 15 and I am an iPad master.

Yes you do. But truthfully the weather's here really nice at 90+. Especially in the evenings when the sun's orange in color. It's not that hot.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Yes you do. But truthfully the weather's here really nice at 90+. Especially in the evenings when the sun's orange in color. It's not that hot.

Where are you?

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All I can say is it is TOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
93 everyday is too hot. :)
And I do blow a lot of people away that I am 15 and I am an iPad master.

I lived in KL when I was a teenager. You get used to the humidity after a few months and then the heat is GREAT! Mind you it is 6C this morning :)

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A word of warning to anyone thinking of trying out the iOS 5 beta. Make sure you get it from a trusted source. Otherwise you are just inviting trouble! Also you cannot be sure you have got the latest beta and so will be very likely to have a poor experience - beta releases should be feature complete but will still be buggy!

As an aside we are desperately trying to get our latest release (enterprise software not iPad or PC) stable for a release date which is now only two weeks away! Late nights are in store!

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running ios5 beta (I'm a developer) on an ipad2 and an iPhone4, but so far I've been unable to get certain apps to connect with iCloud. I have a MobileMe account and it says under the settings menu that the ID has been configured as an iCloud account, yet apps like Reminders is not sending info back up to the cloud and back down to the other iOS device. Any thoughts?

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
wclyffe said:
I'm running ios5 beta (I'm a developer) on an ipad2 and an iPhone4, but so far I've been unable to get certain apps to connect with iCloud. I have a MobileMe account and it says under the settings menu that the ID has been configured as an iCloud account, yet apps like Reminders is not sending info back up to the cloud and back down to the other iOS device. Any thoughts?

Apple probably hasn't worked out all of the bugs yet, or hasn't turned that feature on since reminders is an iOS 5 feature.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
Apple probably hasn't worked out all of the bugs yet, or hasn't turned that feature on since reminders is an iOS 5 feature.

So far, it's really like I'm only using MobileMe as apps like Pages & Numbers are not sharing docs and Newsstand allows no access to the store to try it out. That said, everything else is working with many new features. Really nice on the iPad.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wclyffe said:

Apple hasn't turned icloud on yet, nobody can connect. I created an account but it does nothing.

edlewis11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine works great. Haven't had any issues other than I cloud not working. Gestures work fine also. I'm really loving the split keyboard. Anyone try imessage. I don't know anyone else on ios5.

Most reactions

Latest posts