What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

edlewis11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have a link that lists the functions that aren't activated yet.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
edlewis11 said:
Mine works great. Haven't had any issues other than I cloud not working. Gestures work fine also. I'm really loving the split keyboard. Anyone try imessage. I don't know anyone else on ios5.

Ok, that explains it...no icloud yet. By the way, you can send an iMessage to yourself if you have two iOS devices....iPad to iPhone. Works great. I've been using the new gestures for a longtime now so it's nice to see them incorporated into the new OS. I assume Newstand does nothing for you yet and Reminders does not sync between two ios devices yet.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
edlewis11 said:
Anyone have a link that lists the functions that aren't activated yet.

I wish...post it if you find it somewhere! Thanks.

edlewis11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I been looking for a while and still can't find it. I think there's also some sort of voice command. Before I registered my udid I downloaded the ios5 and anything I touched would speak. I touched the wifi signal and it told me how many bars and my signal strength. That could be one they left out.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
edlewis11 said:
Mine works great. Haven't had any issues other than I cloud not working. Gestures work fine also. I'm really loving the split keyboard. Anyone try imessage. I don't know anyone else on ios5.

Hmmm... Gestures didn't work for me... :(

edlewis11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple question would be to make sure they are turned on. If so i have no idea.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
edlewis11 said:

They aren't even in settings. Whatever. I downgraded to 4.3.3 to jailbreak anyway.

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
edlewis11 said:

They aren't even in settings. Whatever. I downgraded to 4.3.3 to jailbreak anyway.

I read somewhere that Gestures have not yet been enabled in the beta on the original Ipad. They do work fine on the Ipad 2

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question for those with IOS 5

I have the ios 5 beta on my Ipad 2. I read on BGR's article "Finally, the new accessibility options Apple has included in iOS 5 are nothing short of incredible. You can enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and you can even create your own custom vibration patterns for specific contacts by tapping out patterns on the display."

How do you enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mbern1008 said:
I read somewhere that Gestures have not yet been enabled in the beta on the original Ipad. They do work fine on the Ipad 2

Not true. I'm using them.

doubleR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's going to be amazing when the iOS goes live. Definitely going to be great on my iPad. All the features I use in jailbreak there from what I can tell. The others are iPhone other like quick reply which is useless on the iPad2 as far as I know.

edlewis11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it was lol. I read about the custom alerts those have to be functions that aren't enabled yet. I agree the iOS is going to be amazing once all the functions are added. It's still a bit spotty. My FaceTime is lagging pretty bad and my camera and video aren't working smooth like they usually do. Makes you wonder, with the functions that are working. Adding 190 more is going to add even more stress on the ios. I'm sure they will figure it out though. Just makes you think.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So ~ is this thread redundant? :)

No, this thread is about iOS 5 beta thoughts. I was on iOS 5 and I wrote a review. I can't stand not being jailbroken so I downgraded to 4.3.3. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts