What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shihid said:
Can u please guide me how to obtain beta?I Wanamaker see new lay out .

You have to pay Apple $99 USD per year. Then they will let you register with them as a developer, allowing you to activate your device. Only then can you install the beta releases of iOS 5.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When we can expect release of beta? What is beta one and beta two ?is thus iOS or something different?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shihid said:
When we can expect release of beta? What is beta one and beta two ?is thus iOS or something different?

iOS betas are for developers only. Apple never releases betas to the public. The public release of iOS 5 will be this Fall, expected to be September.

Members who have legitimate access to the beta are free to discuss it and it's features here, and others may join in. But our rules clearly state you may not share links or discuss how to obtain it, other than through the legitimate channel, Apple (which was done above)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm running iOS 5 beta 2 and was wondering if anyone is having this small issue. After synching with an iphone4 or ipad2 I find that the sync is over, but iTunes is not finishing and showing " Step 7 of 7 Waiting for changes to reconcile". It goes on forever. I can quit this and everything is fine (and synched), but just wondering if others are seeing it. Wireless synching is working great as well as many other fixes. I've tried re-downloading iTunes with the same result. Any thoughts?

I see this all the time. Minimizing and restoring itunes normally refreshes the window. Sometimes you have to click on the itune icon on the toolbar to get it to minimize.

That is on Windows 7 64bit. I haven't tried the Mac version of Itunes

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
miket5au said:
I see this all the time. Minimizing and restoring itunes normally refreshes the window. Sometimes you have to click on the itune icon on the toolbar to get it to minimize.

That is on Windows 7 64bit. I haven't tried the Mac version of Itunes

Mmh, I tried that, but that's not what is really happening. The sync process is still going on iTunes, but the iPhone or iPad have finished. Given that both devices do the same thing, I'm guessing its a small glitch in iTunes 10.5 beta2. Still searching...

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Shihid said:
Can u please guide me how to obtain beta?I Wanamaker see new lay out .

~ edited by moderator. No discussion on how to obtain beta ~

This beta 2 is stable and works really well.

iPad 2 owner

Last edited by a moderator:

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
~ Edited by Moderator ~

This beta 2 is stable and works really well.

iPad 2 owner

However, this is not a legal way (I think) because it is unofficial. Talking more on this in this forum will get you banned, since this method of acquiring beta iOS is kind of like piracy- because you don't pay the developer fee to Apple. We don't like piracy on this forum. End of discussion.

That's right. End of discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
However, this is not a legal way (I think) because it is unofficial. Talking more on this in this forum will get you banned, since this method of acquiring beta iOS is kind of like piracy- because you don't pay the developer fee to Apple. We don't like piracy on this forum. End of discussion.

Good job.

They grow up so fast. :D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:

Good job.

They grow up so fast. :D

They sure do!:)

Most reactions

Latest posts