Opinion on iOS 4.2 beta 3

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by earlyadopter, Oct 15, 2010.

1. earlyadopter

earlyadopter
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My opinion expressed here is not intended to encourage anyone to experiment with beta software. That being said. I absolutely love iOS 4.2 beta 3! Yea, some of my apps do not work but most do. Yea, AirPrint does not operate yet.

I have created folders, renamed them, multitasking works or app switching as I like to call it. I now have all (around 70) apps on one screen. That's cool.

I can hardly wait for the next email from Apple notifying me that iOS 4.2 beta 4 is available for download. I believe that when iOS 4.2 is finally available to the public you will love it too.

[​IMG]

2. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you the 4.2 (B2 or B3) it’s amazing i will not return in 3 dot something … i also can wait the final release … my self i don’t get any app’s crash , i think is many app’s are already update but i guess all will be update for the final release … the only one things i hope apple will give us is the storage possibility .. ( i know i know i dream :D )

3. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    That looks very cool! I can't wait!

4. Technician99

Technician99
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Can wait only have Kobo on mine I do not need or want any other applications so I do not need folders. For me iPad = Good eBook reader and a fair movie player even though the device is not wide screen Other than that it is useless.

5. earlyadopter

earlyadopter
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am trying to retire my Dell Precision T3400 with this thing. So far so good. Once I get a double sided traction ledger up and running I'll be there.

6. Ksane

Ksane
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hey, PrehistoricMacMan? I love that black wallpaper! Can you send it to me or post a link? Screen looks great!

7. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I have tried the Kobo app (well actually the Borders app which is exactly the same thing) and the Nook app from Barnes & Noble, but for content, you just can't beat Amazon. Another reader you might want to try is called GoodReader. It cost a whopping 99¢ and give you access to some other content sellers as well as several free content providers, including Project Gutenberg with over 33,000 titles.

And back on topic... I am on 4.2 beta3 and I am only looking forward, not backwards!

8. earlyadopter

earlyadopter
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ksane

Thanks, the wallpaper will be there next month. It is part of the 4.2 iOS update that's coming. Apple added a few more wallpapers.

9. Digikid

Digikid
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The beta is....okay at best. Nothing worth getting excited about. Good thing I now have a second iPad to play around with it.

4.2b3 has its bugs as well....just nothing really major.

10. TutenStain

TutenStain
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    2 Questions.

I guess 4.2 Betas are not jailbreakable right?
    Can I upgrade to 4.2Beta 3 and then downgrade to 3.2.1 and re-jailbreak?