What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about this;
Did you register your iPad? You have to enter the UDID of your iPad. Sound familiar? If not, that's your problem.
Just registering as a developer won't allow you to get iOS 5 on iPad.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Version 10.5 and icloud:
Help help help. I downloaded the new update and now I can see all my purchases with the "cloud" next to the ones that (according to iTunes) are not on my iPhone. Well, when will I be able to download on one device and see it on the other? That's what's being listed in the download features. Thanks for shy answers.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shy answers? That's not what your going to get from this forum.

How about just an answer?

The full features of icloud are not available yet. (aka purchases automatically downloading on another device)

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The download on one device and see it on all works now. You have to turn it on in Settings - Store

-t

smcfall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
How about this;
Did you register your iPad? You have to enter the UDID of your iPad. Sound familiar? If not, that's your problem.
Just registering as a developer won't allow you to get iOS 5 on iPad.

I did register the udid, but it gives me an answer that the build is not supported in my device. I have now tried this on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4.

chrisWhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did register the udid, but it gives me an answer that the build is not supported in my device. I have now tried this on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4.

Have you ever jailbroken? If so it may be that your host file misdirecting the Apple registration server off to nowhere. Took me a few hours trying to figure out why I was getting that error.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chrisWhite said:
Have you ever jailbroken? If so it may be that your host file misdirecting the Apple registration server off to nowhere. Took me a few hours trying to figure out why I was getting that error.

That wouldn't give him a build error though.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
wclyffe said:
Anybody install iOS 5 beta 3 yet? I'm about to.

Yes, installed it last night. Performed a complete restore using iCloud backup never touching my PC once after the b3 installation was complete. Very impressive new setup screens. Much slicker. No troubles, but not had a chance to play with it today, so only about an hour in...

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI, I just installed OSX Lion and afterwards iTunes 10.5 beta 3 would not initially launch. I re-downloaded it and installed, and it works fine now.

edlewis11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded beta 4 over the air. Took about 30 minutes. Checking out the new features. Netflix is working fine.

Most reactions