What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Beta Thoughts

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any info on how iCloud is supposed to work one it's up and running officially?

Mel

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bugs that I've experienced with my IPad 2, are that sometimes the notifications won't show up at all in the notification banner, and the IPad 2 will shut off by itself, and I have to hold down the power button and the bottom middle button for a while for it to turn back on.

Oh yeah, and safari crashes pretty often.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problems I have is poor battery life, icab mobile didn't work (does now thanks to the new update) and my scene it movies 2 app acts weird, can't see any of the videos or cartoons! That's about it, not sure if I will revert back to 4.3.3 (not even sure if I can as I have wifi 3G)

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
The only problems I have is poor battery life, icab mobile didn't work (does now thanks to the new update) and my scene it movies 2 app acts weird, can't see any of the videos or cartoons! That's about it, not sure if I will revert back to 4.3.3 (not even sure if I can as I have wifi 3G)

Haven't heard anything about bad battery yet.
Apple is still signing 4.3.3 but I don't know about 3G. Ask f4780y.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Haven't heard anything about bad battery yet.
Apple is still signing 4.3.3 but I don't know about 3G. Ask f4780y.

Reverting impossible for 3G iPad 2s without bootrom dump.

PS. How come my avatar changed? Now it's showing a smiley... :confused: I'm changing it! :mad:

Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Last edited:

Clockwork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To anyone who installed ios5: can you please confirm/comment whether this exiting new functionality works:

1. Open photos application.
2. get into albums mode and select one. This should result with the album's photos displayed in several rows.
3. Pick one small thumb nail image with two fingers, zoom in a bit, and then twist side ways to make it rotate around itself.
4. When the pic is in 90 degrees, release it.

What happens? It 4.3.3 this result with the pic reverting back to it's original orientation. My hope is that on ios5 it shall stick to the way you set it up! I know it is a small chance that it would work but Apple did support rotate via edit menu and this WOULD be a very neat and easy way to activate rotation, so maybe it is supported.

Please let me know if it worked for you or not.

Thanks!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clockwork said:
To anyone who installed ios5: can you please confirm/comment whether this exiting new functionality works:

2. get into albums mode and select one. This should result with the album's photos displayed in several rows.
3. Pick one small thumb nail image with two fingers, zoom in a bit, and then twist side ways to make it rotate around itself.

What happens? It 4.3.3 this result with the pic reverting back to it's original orientation. My hope is that on ios5 it shall stick to the way you set it up! I know it is a small chance that it would work but Apple did support rotate via edit menu and this WOULD be a very neat and easy way to activate rotation, so maybe it is supported.

Thanks!

I tried this it just reverts back.
BUT there is a new option under edit that let's you rotate then you just save.

Clockwork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clockwork said:

Thanks!

I tried this it just reverts back.
BUT there is a new option under edit that let's you rotate then you just save.

I wish it would have worked. Rotating like this could have been ultimately cool and 101% match the "Apple look and feel".

But at least we can rotate via the edit menu.

thanks for trying...

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Reverting impossible for 3G iPad 2s without bootrom dump.

PS. How come my avatar changed? Now it's showing a smiley... :confused: I'm changing it! :mad:

Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

I was able to downgrade perfectly fine, just downgrading iTunes now and then will restore my backup...

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
I was able to downgrade perfectly fine, just downgrading iTunes now and then will restore my backup...

Restoring was a bit troublesome. The latest backup didn't work because the os was an older version. The apps wouldn't sync as the pc wasn't authorised, but when I did it a 2nd time they worked fine.

So overall it worked 

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Good to have it confirmed. Cheers adiosamigo!

Out of interest, what is the version of your baseband now that the restore is completed? (Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Good to have it confirmed. Cheers adiosamigo!

Out of interest, what is the version of your baseband now that the restore is completed? (Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware)

No problem, the baseband is 04.10.01, which I'm pretty sure is the same one i was on for iOS 5, I may be wrong though

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
No problem, the baseband is 04.10.01, which I'm pretty sure is the same one i was on for iOS 5, I may be wrong though

Good to know. Thanks.

Most reactions