What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage very slow to send messages since ios9 update

cmc77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, any help on this matter which is driving me up the wall is much appreciated'

on iOS 8 I had no problems at all with iMessage and it worked fine all of the time. Since upgrading to iOS 9 I am finding that I am constantly being asked for my iCloud password to sign in and it takes three or four attempts to get this to log in. Often have to turn iMessage option on and off in settings to get it to work.

When this does eventually work, messages type fine and then go to send and the send bar will fill to about two thirds full and will take up to five minutes to send messages through.

I have reset network settings a couple of times and this has not I roved the situation at all.

tHis is running on an ipad2. i have done exactly the same update on iPhone 5 and having no problems at all. Both are running over wifi in my home but have tried wifi in different locations and the problem is the same.

Any ideas at all what I can do other than throwing it out of the window?

Thanks

Carl

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try settings>general>reset>reset all settings you will have to reconfigure your ipad afterwards but will not lose things like notes, contacts etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've experienced this on one of my devices. That's what helped in my case:

Go to Settings - iCloud and take a look at your information there at the top. Usually, you should have to enter your password if you try to access the information. Do it, and then leave Settings. That's all. The popup asking for the iCloud password shouldn't appear again.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts