What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an email about lion.

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooohhhh....
Aaaaaahhhh....

XD

I've asked to be notified on iOS and Lion. Actually I'm just waiting for iPad, but IF I'm switching to Mac, I want to buy a newer MacBook Air (not the current $900 one- the 2011 refresh cycle version) pre-installed with Lion. Yes, I am that lazy.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kaihd said:
oooooohhhh....
Aaaaaahhhh....

Xd

i've asked to be notified on ios and lion. Actually i'm just waiting for ipad, but i'm switching to mac, i want to buy a newer macbook air (not the current $900 one- the 2011 refresh cycle version) pre-installed with lion. Yes, i am that lazy.

lazy. :d

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The only new thing to do with icloud 10.3 gives you is:

Your past purchases. Available on all your devices.
Now you can download music you’ve previously purchased to all your devices. When you buy music from iTunes, iCloud stores your purchase history. So you can see the music you’ve bought — no matter which device you bought it on. You can access your purchase history from the iTunes Store on your Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. And since you already own that music, you can tap to download your songs or albums to any of your devices.

From Apple - iCloud - All your music on all your devices.

So you'll have a purchases button in the store!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
We're both lazy. Me, for being lazy to upgrade, and you, for not typing in caps. SMILEYS REQUIRES CAPS! :D XP XD:p SEE?!

Haha, joking.

I know! I did that at like 10:00 so I was probably half-asleep. :D

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
iOS 5 has gestures. :)

Actually, you can enable gestures on existing iPad, without jail breaking. Yu just have to do a backup edit one of the settings files in the backup and then restore again.

Can't remember the. Process exactly, I did it a while ago, but I think I found the process here!

Nick

Sent using iPF on my 64GB wifi iPad 2 - w00t!

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know! I did that at like 10:00 so I was probably half-asleep. :D

Haha, no worries. 10 am or 10 pm? I was repeatedly hitting F5 on Engadget's WWDC liveblog, then I stayed till like 4am (I'm 12 hours earlier than San Fran). THAT made me sleepy, LOL.

alan1467

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just downloaded 10.3 bit I can only appear to sync my apps and books I have no music tick box on any device or in iTunes, maybe it's only available in the US (I'm in the UK)

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alan1467 said:
I have just downloaded 10.3 bit I can only appear to sync my apps and books I have no music tick box on any device or in iTunes, maybe it's only available in the US (I'm in the UK)

Not sure if I misunderstood, but my impression was that the music sync only comes with iOS 5

iWant my iCloud

alan1467

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the web site
"Beta. Available now.
Your past purchases. Available on all your devices.
Now you can download music you’ve previously purchased to all your devices. When you buy music from iTunes, iCloud stores your purchase history. So you can see the music you’ve bought — no matter which device you bought it on. You can access your purchase history from the iTunes Store on your Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. And since you already own that music, you can tap to download your songs or albums to any of your devices.

Try it today — download iTunes 10.3, free for Mac and PC"

So to me music sync across iOS devices is now available.

alan1467

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just found this very small print

Available in beta now in the U.S. only and requires iOS 4.3.3

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, at least it is coming, I have a number of single music downloads I made in the past that I would like to put on my current device, but will be charged to download again. What is so annoying is that iTunes will say to you 'you already bought this item, are you sure you want to buy it again'. If you know I already paid, just let me download it?!

At least the new system looks like it will solve that for me.

I once used the 'complete my album' in order to get a single I already downloaded in the past and lost, since I didn't mind having the whole album. Imagine my pleasure when it downloaded all the other tracks except the one I had previously bought.......

iWant my iCloud

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts