What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded a jailbroken iPad via iTunes, now stuck in Recovery Mode

hdcbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Merry Christmas guys! :)

I feel like an idiot, but I did something bad. I have a jailbroken iPad 2 under 6.1.2 with a bunch of apps in it. I read that there's a jailbroken for iOS 7 so I figured I would update my iPad to 7 so I can jailbreak it again.

Well, I TOTALLY forgot that I can't just update the iOS from the iPad :(

So now, my iPad is stuck in Recovery Mode, and iTunes won't upgrade it.
What I did was go to the Settings, and just update through the iPad. I didn't do it via iTunes.

My question is, is there still a way to get out of this Recovery Mode and still have my jailbroken system with all my apps back? If I cannot, should I just follow this guide?
I have already tried TinyUmbrella "Recovery Fix" and it just goes back to recovery mode. I have also tried with iREB-r7, and nothing. Also tried with the redsn0w tool, and same results :(
I have my iTunes backup if that helps at all.

I also did see this post where the user seems to have the same issue as me, but I don't know what he did to fix it (I'm not an expert on this subject):
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/105558-jailbroken-ipad-2-stuck-recovery-mode-help-please.html

Please, I need your guy's knowledge. Please help meh during this Christmas time! :D

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
None of the utilities will fix a Recovery loop issue on A5+ devices, which includes iPad 2+ and the iPhone 4S+. The only way to get your device out of recovery loop is to restore at this point.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, your best best to get a good working iPad (on iOS 7.0.4) is to follow the "Failsafe" guide you linked in your post.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
H

hdcbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping that wasn't going to be the answer... :p

Thank you guys! I was able to do the failsafe restore using the link in my original comment just fine. Oddly enough, when the device was in DFU mode, it wasn't letting me restore, so I just tried with Restore Mode and it worked :p

Now here I go to jailbreak this beast again!
Thank you again for the support folks :)

OP
H

hdcbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, wait! "Warning! We have reports that the iPad 2 (wifi) is not yet compatible with the jailbreak"

:eek:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's on and off. I've had no issues jailbreaking my iPad 2 Wifi and my cousin's iPad 2 Wifi Rev A on both Evasi0n7 1.0.0 and 1.0.1. Some users report it working, some users report it not working. If it doesn't work in your case, you'll have to wait for an update

OP
H

hdcbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot then.

Thank you sir! ;)

OP
H

hdcbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unf... I'm getting a rebooting apple logo :(

Tried two times after a restore, and no luck here :|
Put it in airplane mode, and turned off passlock.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah. Unfortunately it's on and off. Some users report it working, some report otherwise. You'd have to wait for the next build.

Most reactions

Latest posts