What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with restoring ipad1

biometrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son in law just arrived in the us and brought along his ipad1. It has been jb'en before using a 3.xx os if I am not mistake. No way to verify the ver cause iPad is messed up right now.... So I plug the ip1 into iTunes. Before doing that, he goes to general setting in the ip1 and hits the reset button ( kinna like erase data and settings) so ipad1 is dead after the reset. Just stays on the apple logo and don't go nowhere... I read some post and finally figure out how to restore using iTunes. So I follow instructions and when all is said and done the iPad now is stuck with the USB to iTunes logo... I've tried several times to reinstall but I get the same msg from iTunes saying the iPad Is not recognized or vaild or something to that effect. I tried everything and I'm still stuck with that invalid mag and on the iPad itself, the USB to iTunes icon... Help please....

OP
B

biometrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was using a pc for restoring the iPad. I simply moved over to my laptop and since it's a "empty" iPad... I synced it to iTunes on the laptop and it just did what it was suppose to do. Now it's restored to factory, updated to 4.3.3 and finally jb'en again... Looks stable for now. Will post again if anything bad happens...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know - it always helps to hear how this situations turn out - it adds to the overall 'store' of knowledge and, goodness knows, in my case - I need it...:(

Tim

Most reactions