What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to see writing text on Facebook ?

simila

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought a mini ipad , have had ipad2 and very pleased , BUT how do you write posts on Facebook etc because the text box is covered by the keypad , so you can't see what you are writing or linking to ?
On iPad2 the text box is above the keypad so there is no problem.
Is it me ?
Has anyone else found this and what is the answer please ?

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just bought a mini ipad , have had ipad2 and very pleased , BUT how do you write posts on Facebook etc because the text box is covered by the keypad , so you can't see what you are writing or linking to ?
On iPad2 the text box is above the keypad so there is no problem.
Is it me ?
Has anyone else found this and what is the answer please ?

Maybe undocking or splitting the keyboard will help you see the text box?
to split it just put two thumbs on the middle of it and pull them apart, to undock hold down the little keyboard icon and select "undock "

To return to normal placement just select "merge and dock" from the keyboard icon options.

Sent from my early Christmas prezzie (Mini)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The odds are pretty good that your keyboard on the Mini is un-docked, which is why it is hiding the text. So, I recommend you do as Elizellen suggested and dock the keyboard. You do so by pressing and holding the key with a keyboard on it (the lower most one on the right) and selecting "Dock" from the options.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts