What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remote control an IPAD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheley85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bomgar

I use a tool at work to do remotely connect to and control ipads. It is called Bomgar. You unfortunately have to have a license to use it, so it would not be ideal for personal use, but it may be an option for a company that would like to accomplish remote control connections to their iPads. I hope this helps.

sheley85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CORRECTION: You can remotely view the device, not actually control it as its a violation of Apple's terms.

jeffrey4113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just noticed your question re the remote control use of an ipad and what would you need it for!! Well I can tell you. I play in band and use among other things an Ipad for our backing tracks. It is not practical to use the pad as a touch screen whilst on stage as we have enough to contend with already so a remote control device would be marvellous. I currently use an Archos MP4 tablet which does have a separate remote control something I really wish an ipad had.
Hope that answers your question

anupkumarroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you guys found a software yet!!! I m tired of searching for it... i bought it assuming that teamviwer can do it.. but alas!!! Btw i need this to be able to control the ipad in India from USA over internet because my parents cannot use it properly.

xcell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just imagine...!

I'm kind of curious about the why myself.

But the short answer is no. It might be possible with a jail-broken iPad, but I can't think of any reason someone would have written this app. An unusual failure of imagination for me.

...connecting the iPad via HDMI to your TV - then imagine - that the HDMI cable is not longer than 2m - imagine too, that one wants to remote control the iPad instead of sitting 2m in front of the TV - thank you for considering.

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...connecting the iPad via HDMI to your TV - then imagine - that the HDMI cable is not longer than 2m - imagine too, that one wants to remote control the iPad instead of sitting 2m in front of the TV - thank you for considering.

Exactly! I'm looking for an app like this too.

We have multiple iPads, so being able to have one connected to a tv or stereo and control it from around the house with a phone or different ipad would be great.

Something like splashtop but for iOS to iOS devices..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Exactly! I'm looking for an app like this too.

We have multiple iPads, so being able to have one connected to a tv or stereo and control it from around the house with a phone or different ipad would be great.

Something like splashtop but for iOS to iOS devices..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can't you use a Bluetooth receiver plugged into the stereo and run the iPad from across the room?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly! I'm looking for an app like this too. We have multiple iPads, so being able to have one connected to a tv or stereo and control it from around the house with a phone or different ipad would be great. Something like splashtop but for iOS to iOS devices.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
you could get an Apple TV, which would let you connect the iPad or iPhone to the TV wirelessly from anywhere within range. The iPad or iPhone would remain with you and the content on your device would be streamed to the Apple TV, which is connected to your TV with an HDMI cable.

Last edited:

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you guys found a software yet!!! I m tired of searching for it... i bought it assuming that teamviwer can do it.. but alas!!! Btw i need this to be able to control the ipad in India from USA over internet because my parents cannot use it properly.

You want to remote manage an Ipad with a PC over an IP connection? Bomgar probably is your best bet. We use it for work, to Remote Desktop to users pcs.
It's gonna be a pricey solution for a one off issue.

Good luck.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Device management and remote control are two completely different things. Management lets you control profiles, some settings, and perhaps remote re-configure the device. It does not allow you to go in and do something on the iPad, or even see what is being done by the other person.

Management lets you control how an iPad is set up. It is of little use as a troubleshooting or teaching aid; witch is what the OP and others are asking for in in this thread.

To date, there is no solution that does not require jailbreaking the device you need to remote control. The built in security of iOS does not allow apps this kind of access to the system.

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you Facetime them with a " How to video " on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts