What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remote control an IPAD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

remoteThePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Teamviewer QS for IOS

Developers need our support. Voice your concerns to Apple. They are the bottleneck.

Google for Teamviewer QS for IOS and follow instructions.

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too. I mean it's already like a remote right?

Ok to remotely controll iPad for music,video,screen shot use apple Bluetooth keyboard
If your jail broken add beekeyboard and activator for additional commands in safari you can also set a keyboard key
To launch Siri.

Jgpal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy,
I, similarly have asked how to gain access to an ipad remotely either from another ipad or from a PC. This reason as is more common these days, is helping my 92 year old mother navigate on her ipad. For all the simplicity of the ipad UI, there are still aspects that are difficult for the elderly. (visually impaired). E.g., using Facebook ...have an elderly person see the "like" icon. Not so easy. The biggest issue I've had in this remote administration is seeing or imagining what they are seeing. So far, I've been able to come up with successful procedures to fix any situation my mother has struggled with. But,it would be useful to at least be able to mirror their ipad visually so the problem was obvious, from across the internet...cheers...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy,
I, similarly have asked how to gain access to an ipad remotely either from another ipad or from a PC. This reason as is more common these days, is helping my 92 year old mother navigate on her ipad. For all the simplicity of the ipad UI, there are still aspects that are difficult for the elderly. (visually impaired). E.g., using Facebook ...have an elderly person see the "like" icon. Not so easy. The biggest issue I've had in this remote administration is seeing or imagining what they are seeing. So far, I've been able to come up with successful procedures to fix any situation my mother has struggled with. But,it would be useful to at least be able to mirror their ipad visually so the problem was obvious, from across the internet...cheers...

Hi there and welcome.

I haven't got any answers as far as remote controlling an iPad are concerned but as far as the situation that you describe, not being able to find a specific icon (or just knowing what they are seeing). If you taught your mother how to take a screen shot (press home and on/off buttons together), she could email or iMessage them to you, you could mark them up like a tutorial (in an app like Skitch) and email or iMessage them straight back. I know it's not what you want but I'm afraid it's all I've got!

The Archangel

AlanJB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also looking for something similar but for a different reason. I have recently invested our companies money in some iPads for use by some of our field technicians and site offices. As a means of ensuring security I have set up restrictions on the iPads to limit changes that can be made by the people using them, mainly not allowing account changes so that additional personal email accounts cannot be set up or location services turned off.

On occasion it is necessary for some changes to be made such as when passwords are changed or apps have to be added. This usually intales me or one of the other managers meeting up with the field operative to make the changes so that passwords and security codes remain private. It would be really beneficial if a remote access app or feature were available so that these changes could be made remotely.

If allowing remote access is not something that appeals to Apple I also thought that an iTunes feature or app which would allow me to make the changes to a virtual copy of the iPad. These changes would then be sent to the ipad over the net. The ipad would receive these changes and automatically update itself. This feature could be limited to changing settings and adding apps as apposed to any type of full remote access.

Any thoughts?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What you want is Apple's Configurator to set it up (if you don't already have it) then one of the MDM (Mobile Device Management) tools that allows remote management. I'm familiar with the existence of these tools, but little else. You'll need to do your own research on features, pricing, etc.

Most of what I know comes from reading Frasier Speirs' blog about using iPads in education. He mentions and compares a few MDM solutions in his recent posts. That would be a good starting place. The provided link filter's his posts for those that mention MDM.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ktjensen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am using a APPLE BLUETOOTH MOUSE with a remote iPad on the other side of the room. Yes the iPad is jailbroken to install the Bluetooth mouse software from cydia. It works fine.

Others can use the VEENCY software as a solution but that still requires some router programming setup skills. And other software.

You might be best switching platforms to a NetBook pc. Unfortunately. Though am still interested in solution ideas.

cherime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure LogMeIn allows you to remote control an iPad device? I was not aware that any app allows this as it breaks all of Apple's rules for sandboxing. The agent software running on the iPad would need to hook directly into IOS, and no app store apps are allowed to do that.
LogMeIn can absolutely allow an iPad to control other devices since it is a remote desktop solution, but taking control of another iPad directly isn't supported AFAIK.
LogMeIn is only for the desktop, don't believe everything you read.

With everyone researching this topic for the iPad (and I did a lot myself and came up with the same unfortunate answer), did anyone come across a way to remotely control an Android-based tablet, such as the Samsung Galaxy, from a Windows PC? I'd love to purchase an Ipad for two elderly relatives who live a distance away, but I'm not going to do that without me being able to remote in. They currently have Windows desktops, and my remote control (with GoToMyPC) is a necessity sometimes. I only found one thing on an Android tablet forum about remoting into an Android tablet, but it was too complicated.
There is no easy way to do that for any tablet. Sorry.

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

On Android you can do it with Mobizen, no root required. Still doesn't support Android 4.3, and works great via USB or WIFI. VNC Servers for Android still require root access, which is far easier to achieve than JailBreak and almost all devices can be done easily.

On the other hand, SOTI has its own SDK for iOS and is developing MobiControl based on Samsung Know. You can read further statements here:
Updated Soti SDK allows remote control of iOS devices

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Logmein is available for ipad and iPhone I use it all the time

And a nice app it is, so I hear. Still, it does not allow the remote control of an iPad. No software (outside of jailbreaking) does this, including the Soti software SDK linked. All it allows is the remote control of individual apps specifically made to be remote controlled. The iPad's main iOS screens and pretty much every non-Soti SDK app on the iPad will remain as un-remote-controlable as ever.

From the linked site:
Developers use Soti's SDK to create mobile applications with remote access capabilities. Only applications built with the SDK have the remote access feature, Rodrigues said. For example, if workers download the popular Angry Birds game to their iPhones, that application will not be accessible to the company's IT staff, he said.

Not to imply that you meant Logmein did remote control the iPad, Colin. Just want to make sure anyone else reading this didn't get the wrong idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts