What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Remote APP

MD10085

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to control your Ipod touch over the Wi-Fi network in your home using the Remote App on your Ipad?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can control iTunes on the machine which you use to sync the iPod using the "Remote" app, but you cant directly control another iPod device AFAIK.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you want Tango Remote. It will allow you contro your iPod touch (attached to your stereo system) or your iPad from your iPhone/iPod touch.

Remote only works with iTunes.

OP
M

MD10085

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded tango on my ipad, but I realize to get it to work, I need Tango to be on my ipod too. I have an ipod touch (I think I got in 2008) and I cannot find a tango remote app in the app store that I can load onto it. Is there any kind of workaround here or is my Ipod the issue here and nothing can really be done?

tangoremote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you have at least iOS 3.x otherwise I don't think it will show up in the App Store on your device...

JohnMorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remote 2.0 is a good app for iOS which can be installed from Apple store in iPad and it becomes a remote control after connecting to a WIFI Network. You can control iTunes and Apple TV from the iPad.

Most reactions