How on earth does anyone get the screen protector on?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by yellowhorse, Dec 29, 2011.

1. yellowhorse

yellowhorse iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    How can it be done without the gawdarn bubbles and I had no idea there was so much lint in the air!
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Tips I've seen:

Wipe down screen; use tape to lift any remaining lint; unroll from one side and start sticking as you peel off backing; do it in a steamy bathroom, to limit lint; smooth out bubbles with credit card. Some are applied damp, so you have a bit of liquid help for adjusting.

Some accessory kiosks and shops will apply them for you.

All that said, I've never found need for a screen protector, but YMMV.
  3. camaroz1985

camaroz1985 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I did it in my bathroom with a hot shower running, and followed the procedure above. Only got a few pieces of lint with the first try. Was able to lift the edge closest to the lint, and remove lint from the protector with a piece of tape, and put back down. I didn't use any water or liquid. I was shocked that it worked as I hadn't had much luck with screen protectors even on the small screens of phones until I tried it this way, but I have no air bubbles or lint at all.

Here is a video showing the procedure. Easy to follow.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  4. boomer1

boomer1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Moshi iVisor for iPad 2

I have never been very successful with installing screen protectors on anything....PDAs, phones, laptops, etc., without forever trying to eliminate dust while installing. Awhile ago, I found Moshi products for my Macs, keyboard protectors, screen protectors, etc. I have been impressed with the quality of all the Moshi products. I installed the Moshi iVisor for iPad2 Black screen protector on my iPad2, it was extremely easy to install, a little different design than the usual. They are not cheap, but they work and no install dust frustrations.

Amazon.com: iVisor for iPad 2 - Black (99MO020908): Electronics

YMMV,
    boomer :cool:

5. ipazol

ipazol iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dido that. The ivisor is awesome. They are a little pricey but well worth it. Extremely easy to install and you can remove them and wash them and then reinstall. They also have them for the iPhones.
  6. MrLuke

MrLuke iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    I've been fortunate enough to never have any problems with putting on a screen protector other than having a tiny bubble that isn't even on the actual screen (on the white bezel). It may sound surprising but I've always done them siting in the living room on the couch. The key in my view is to get someone to help you. I've always got my sister to help with the smoothing down while I go along checking for air bubbles. It works like a dream :).

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.
  7. psy

psy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Used iPhone for 3yrs and never used screen protector, always use a edge case and never put in pocket with keys or coins,
    Got iPad for crimbo and bought a leather case that covers pad and also acts as a stand and tilts pad for easier typing.
    To me using screen plastic is like watching a tv with the bubble wrap on lol
  8. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Tbh guys, if you havent done one yourself, find someone who has. They can be very complicated. Also, try to get one like the ZAGG shield that uses solution to apply it. The adhesive protectors can harm your screen in some cases

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk