What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week I purchased a iPad 2 screenprotector on eBay. Today I found it in my mailbox. I have tried to place the protector on the screen several times, but it seems impossible to do this without creating air bubbles. Is someone familiar with this problem? How to avoid these air bubbles?

Can anyone tell me where to get a GOOD screen protector, which doesn't have this problem when putting it on the screen?

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,377
Reaction score
Almost all screen covers of this size will initially include air bubbles, you have to remove them. The most helpful thing to do is to check on YouTube how to put on a shield.

But if you were looking for a new one anyway, then the Zaggmate invisibleShield may be a good option. It comes with everything you need to put it on and remove air bubbles.

Now to the bubbles, since the shield is already on, you would have to try and push them to the side, before the adhesive dries. A spatula/ruler would work.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Almost all screen covers of this size will initially include air bubbles, you have to remove them. The most helpful thing to do is to check on YouTube how to put on a shield.

But if you were looking for a new one anyway, then the Zaggmate invisibleShield may be a good option. It comes with everything you need to put it on and remove air bubbles.

Now to the bubbles, since the shield is already on, you would have to try and push them to the side, before the adhesive dries. A spatula/ruler would work.

I have become so frustrated, I totally distroyed the screenprotector. I will just buy another one.
Thanks, I just saw a movie on youtube and I will try that the next time.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

skinnybones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I install zagg on all my electronic devices and always have a few bubbles on my screen after installation. They go away after a few days.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnybones said:
I install zagg on all my electronic devices and always have a few bubbles on my screen after installation. They go away after a few days.

They just dissappear?

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnybones said:

They just dissappear?

Just go to best buy they can install them for you instead of wasting money on a bunch of protectors.

Misho73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Listen, my adivce to u (since u r obviously new to this) is to either watch a YouTube movie for how to install a productive sheet OR go to one of those mobile and accessories booths who sell these products they usually offer to install it for u
I strongly recommend the second option since it is really harder to do this with the big screen. Even for the pro.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I hope there are stores in the Netherlands who can help me with it. I don't think so.

skinnybones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnybones said:

They just dissappear?

the screen bubbles flatten out. Read the directions. Its states that bubbles are common after installation but will disappear after a few days (assuming they are small ones)

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Last week I purchased a iPad 2 screenprotector on eBay. Today I found it in my mailbox. I have tried to place the protector on the screen several times, but it seems impossible to do this without creating air bubbles. Is someone familiar with this problem? How to avoid these air bubbles?

Can anyone tell me where to get a GOOD screen protector, which doesn't have this problem when putting it on the screen?

Screen protectors can be put on flawlessly if you start at the top and use a credit card to smooth the surface as it unrolls the protective film. You have to take it slow and work from the center, but it will produce perfect results. Make sure you clean the screen with a magnetic wipe to remove small particles. Should you get a bubble, it can be smoothed over by repeated swipes until it hits the edge and smoothest out. I put them on my iPads the second I opened the box and the screens are perfectly protected.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnybones said:
just looked at the picture now. He didn't do something right

I messed up, I know. I should have searched for information how to attach it, but I did not and failed. :)

Nevis99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnybones said:

They just dissappear?

Just go to best buy they can install them for you instead of wasting money on a bunch of protectors.

I agree ! I ruined the first one and went back to Best Buy - they installed it in minutes without any bubbles for $19.99.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I succesfully installed a screenprotector on my iPad 2 screen. No air bubbles.
Just one problem, fingerprints and smudges are still there.
Is there a screenprotector that stays clean?

Most reactions

Latest posts