No Glare Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by rayson00, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Teerexx52

Teerexx52
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have tried the Zagg and it went on well but I believe it made the text fuzzy on my ipad. I also tried a BSE and it was a total disaster. I have an SGP but haven't applied it yet. Thinking I may just use my Apple case and leave off the screen protector. What does everyone think?

2. figmo10

figmo10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    My main iPad complaint is the glare. It's practically unusable outside, even on overcast days. Polarized sunglasses help a bit, but not much.

3. durangojim

durangojim
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The anti-glare properties of the film work well, we just got back from 9 days at Disney World and using the pad on the plane and our balcony was much easier with this film. The downside was that when it was shipped, a small (2-3mm) crease was made directly in the center of the film which causes a persitent bubble no matter how much I try to smooth it out. I called customer service and they'll be sending a replacement as soon as they're in stock. I recommend it.

4. rwsimon

rwsimon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have not found the Zagg to interfere with the touchscreen functionality or affect the display. The texturing does reduce glare somewhat by diffusing some of the incident light. The film also has a slightly tacky or rubbery feel which I don't mind at all. I guess some people don't like that.

5. figmo10

figmo10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I have just realized that my brightness settings are turned down <50%. Next time I'm outside, I'll max it out and see if that helps a bit more.

6. AbblePC

AbblePC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    This is exactly why I choose not to use a screen protector and instead enjoy the native feel of the screen instead.
    Especially when drawing and using the Pogo Sketch, the native screen already with it's oleo phobic coating has a drag feeling using the stylus that a plastic coating would be worse yet, lol it gives me that feeling of "shutters" like fingernails on a chalk board. I much prefer the smooth glide of the screen.

Also being a printer tech as part of many roles, I have soft pads that are used for applying oils to mechanical pieces and are lint free, they are disposable and small enough to carry one for a day in almost any pocket nor compartment.
    They work excellent for removing finger prints as well as light oils or smudges and without any liquid cleaner, just use dry.

I will get the name of the manufacturer the next time I'm in the shop and post it here.

7. Mswolf

Mswolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Power Support has just released an anti-glare screen protector like they make for the iPhone. I ordered one the other day and hope I'll like it as much as I did on my iPhone.

8. Eochs

Eochs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Waiting on my power support anti glare. Ordered Friday morning with fedex overnight but they haven't shipped yet

9. Mswolf

Mswolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got my Power Support Anti- Glare screen protector today and after a lot of fiddling and work it is finally on straight with no air bubbles or dust. It looks great, I love it!!!!

10. Kargurin

Kargurin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Do these have a matte finish? Is very small text as clear as it is without the shield?