What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Glare Screen Protector

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a follow-up, two days later the bubbles indeed disappeared on their own.

If you are finding fingerprints to be a real annoyance on the iPad, then the Zagg shield is worth considering. I was wiping off the screen all the time before. Now I hardly ever do it.

The Zagg shield sounds like what I'm looking for. How about the screen's sensitivity now that you have it on, sans bubbles? Is it just as easy to interact with as without?
I have not found the Zagg to interfere with the touchscreen functionality or affect the display. The texturing does reduce glare somewhat by diffusing some of the incident light. The film also has a slightly tacky or rubbery feel which I don't mind at all. I guess some people don't like that.

This is exactly why I choose not to use a screen protector and instead enjoy the native feel of the screen instead.
Especially when drawing and using the Pogo Sketch, the native screen already with it's oleo phobic coating has a drag feeling using the stylus that a plastic coating would be worse yet, lol it gives me that feeling of "shutters" like fingernails on a chalk board. I much prefer the smooth glide of the screen.

Also being a printer tech as part of many roles, I have soft pads that are used for applying oils to mechanical pieces and are lint free, they are disposable and small enough to carry one for a day in almost any pocket nor compartment.
They work excellent for removing finger prints as well as light oils or smudges and without any liquid cleaner, just use dry.

I will get the name of the manufacturer the next time I'm in the shop and post it here.

Mswolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Power Support has just released an anti-glare screen protector like they make for the iPhone. I ordered one the other day and hope I'll like it as much as I did on my iPhone.

Eochs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting on my power support anti glare. Ordered Friday morning with fedex overnight but they haven't shipped yet

Mswolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my Power Support Anti- Glare screen protector today and after a lot of fiddling and work it is finally on straight with no air bubbles or dust. It looks great, I love it!!!!

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do these have a matte finish? Is very small text as clear as it is without the shield?

Mswolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do these have a matte finish? Is very small text as clear as it is without the shield?

Yes, the screen finish is matte. I have used these screen protectors for years and have never felt they affect the quality of the screen in any way. I just wish they would make one for my Nexus One.:)

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok....I suppose my experience is different with the matte screens but I haven't tried yours.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, the screen finish is matte. I have used these screen protectors for years and have never felt they affect the quality of the screen in any way. I just wish they would make one for my Nexus One.:)

I got my sgp anti fingerprint protector on Saturday and I still haven't put it on because it is matte and I wasn't sure if it would affect the clarity of the screen.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you a have a return period you should put it on to see what you got and return if necessary.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you a have a return period you should put it on to see what you got and return if necessary.

I'm kind of enjoying the "naked" screen for now and I'll probably try to apply the screen protector later. Truth is I haven't had a fingerprint problem since I'm wiping it constantly with my microfiber cloth and it never leaves the apple case. Actually I'm waiting to get one of the otterbox cases which will solve my concern of taking it on outdoor activities. Ultimately if I don't see a need for it I'll probably just give it away to one of our members.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine from ebay. It is coming with a case bundle. I ordered anti glare screen protectors for my other devices like Palm Pre, DS XL, PSP. They are great. I found that to get a bubble free install, you need to go really slow and use a plastic card to act like a squeegee.

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would still prefer to use the Zagg invisible shield for glare protection than to apply solutions to my iPad. The iPad is very sensitive so we must be very careful on the solutions that we are using.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would still prefer to use the Zagg invisible shield for glare protection than to apply solutions to my iPad. The iPad is very sensitive so we must be very careful on the solutions that we are using.

You do know that zagg uses a solution to adhere the shield to the screen don't you?

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You do know that zagg uses a solution to adhere the shield to the screen don't you?

Actually, It is the reverse.
The liquid you spray lightly on the shield is to keep it from sticking...
to the screen, or itself, until you get the shield in place.

Then you squeegee the moisture out and then the shield adheres in place.

From their FAQ:
Q: My solution bottle came empty or leaked. How can I get more?
A: Our SHIELDSpray™ application solution is mostly a water-based solution, so if your bottle doesn't have solution in it, we suggest just filling it up with water. . . .
I started without doing as they suggested - spraying as I peeled it from the paper, and I almost messed up as it curled and tried to stick to itself.

(They DO say to spray the shield lightly, NOT the device, in the instructions)

dbenning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg

I really like the Zagg shield. They are not super easy to put on thought. My advice, spray the shield, and they spray it again and again.

As a follow-up, two days later the bubbles indeed disappeared on their own.

If you are finding fingerprints to be a real annoyance on the iPad, then the Zagg shield is worth considering. I was wiping off the screen all the time before. Now I hardly ever do it.

Most reactions

Latest posts