What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with ipad and lotus notes traveler

born22ice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, im new to lotus notes administration and i'm working on a project for my company. I have domino 8.5.0 installed on AS400 and lotus admin 8.5.0 installed on on MS2003 server. I recently installed and configuered lotus notes traveler 8.5.2 but ran into some issues that i hope someone in here will be able to help me resolve.

I'm not able to install a "profile" on my Ipad. I tried to manually setup my email address and server information into the on the manual setup but i always recieve this error "Unable to verify account information" below are my settings.

Email: username@domain.com
Server: traveler.domain.com:8080/servlet/traveler
domain: domain.com
user name: firstname lastname
password: userpassword

Please let me know if someone could help!:eek:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I found this in the following PDF on Apple's support site. Maybe it will help.

IMAP Network Setup Guidelines

For additional security protection,install a digital certificate on the server from a trusted certificate authority (CA). Installing a certificate from a CA is an important step in ensuring that your proxy server is a trusted entity within your corporate infrastructure. See “Credentials Settings” on page 38 for information about installing certificates on iPhone.

To let iPhone OS devices retrieve email from your server, open port 993 in the firewall and make sure that the proxy server is set to IMAP over SSL.

To let devices send email, port 587, 465, or 25 must be open. Port 587 is used first, and is the best choice.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Enterprise_Deployment_Guide.pdf

There are also a few app in the App Store that claim to work with Lotus Notes. Search for 'lotus notes'. The most likely is IBM Lotus Notes Traveler. None of them have very good reviews though. On the other hand most of them are free, so it will only cost time to check them out.

Most reactions

Latest posts