What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHSH Blobs FAQ

Papitulo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Ipad 3 that was running IOS 7.0.4. I had been trying to run Evasion 7.1.0.6 but each time it failed at the end of the Jailbreak process. I used an older version of Evasion 7.1.0.2 to Jailbreak my Ipad3. It completed the process but after a reboot it was stuck at the Apple Logo screen. I put it in DFU mode and tried to restore it using iTunes. After selecting a custom firmware and choosing the restore option I recieved a failed to restore message error 3194. I checked my host file and it was correct so there was no need for me to edit my host file. Ive tried RedSnow, different versions of Itunes. Not sure what else I can do to get my Ipad3 out of this loop. How can I save my SHSH Blobs if my device is stuck at the apple logo?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a Ipad 3 that was running IOS 7.0.4. I had been trying to run Evasion 7.1.0.6 but each time it failed at the end of the Jailbreak process. I used an older version of Evasion 7.1.0.2 to Jailbreak my Ipad3. It completed the process but after a reboot it was stuck at the Apple Logo screen. I put it in DFU mode and tried to restore it using iTunes. After selecting a custom firmware and choosing the restore option I recieved a failed to restore message error 3194. I checked my host file and it was correct so there was no need for me to edit my host file. Ive tried RedSnow, different versions of Itunes. Not sure what else I can do to get my Ipad3 out of this loop. How can I save my SHSH Blobs if my device is stuck at the apple logo?

That would mean that your device was OTA updated to iOS 7.0.4, which Evasi0n7 has not had a workaround implemented for. Your only way of getting your device working again is to DFU restore fresh to either 7.1 or 7.1.1 (at the time of this post, both iOS's are still being signed). Even with SHSH blobs and appropriate APTickets, there are no public methods to stitch the blobs to create a custom iOS 7 IPSW, there are no public methods of downgrading using iOS 7 custom IPSW on non-iPhone 4 devices, and there are no public methods of downgrading non-iPhone 4 devices on any devices unless you're the iPad 2 Wifi model with both iOS 4 and iOS 5 blobs, in which case you can downgrade back to iOS 5.

Papitulo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would mean that your device was OTA updated to iOS 7.0.4, which Evasi0n7 has not had a workaround implemented for. Your only way of getting your device working again is to DFU restore fresh to either 7.1 or 7.1.1 (at the time of this post, both iOS's are still being signed). Even with SHSH blobs and appropriate APTickets, there are no public methods to stitch the blobs to create a custom iOS 7 IPSW, there are no public methods of downgrading using iOS 7 custom IPSW on non-iPhone 4 devices, and there are no public methods of downgrading non-iPhone 4 devices on any devices unless you're the iPad 2 Wifi model with both iOS 4 and iOS 5 blobs, in which case you can downgrade back to iOS 5.

So what your saying is that at the present time my only option is to restore to 7.1 or 7.1.1. If I'm understanding correctly, once I do this restore I wont be able to jailbreak my device?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So what your saying is that at the present time my only option is to restore to 7.1 or 7.1.1. If I'm understanding correctly, once I do this restore I wont be able to jailbreak my device?

You (and willerz2) are correct. You have to restore to iOS 7.1.1, which is not jail breakable at this time (and probably never). Sorry.

I recommend iOS 7.1.1 as it's the newest release from Apple. If you have to be stock, might as well be at the most current.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts