What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHSH Blobs FAQ

gobbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad 4 with 6.1.3 saved. I also have another Ipad 4 with 6.1 and 6.1.2 saved on the device. I need to sell 1 of them so which one would you suggest I keep. Also how could I save the blob onto my computer. Is there a way to check if the blob is valid because I was confused as to the APticket you had mentioned. Thanks a bunch in advance.

gobbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another question. Is it possible to downgrade from ios 7 on an Ipad 4 if I have the blobs saved? In other words can I use the blobs on an Ipad 4 for anything at the moment or are they just insurance for the future?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another question. Is it possible to downgrade from ios 7 on an Ipad 4 if I have the blobs saved? In other words can I use the blobs on an Ipad 4 for anything at the moment or are they just insurance for the future?
At the present time the blobs on your iPad 4 cannot be used for anything and are saved just in case a use can be found in the future.

Your iPad 4 cannot be downgraded from it's current iOS.

gobbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks scifan much appreciated. Which Ipad do you recommend I sell: the one with the 6.1.3 blob or the one with 6.1 and 6.1.2 saved?

At the present time the blobs on your iPad 4 cannot be used for anything and are saved just in case a use can be found in the future.

Your iPad 4 cannot be downgraded from it's current iOS.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would sell the one that only has blobs saved for iOS 6.1.3. That version of iOS has not been jail broken (and rumor has it that iOS 6.1.3 jail break will come out with iOS 7's jail break).

That will leave you the iPad with the blobs for iOS 6.1.2, which is a jail breakable iOS.

Not that you can do anything with any of these blobs at this time (and maybe never), I should think that having blobs for a jail breakable iOS may be best, just in case. Though, again, for all we know - blobs will never be useful again.

Well, that's what I'd do. ;)

Marilyn

gobbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I came across this article on Where did my iOS 6 TSS data go? - Jay Freeman (saurik) talking about how all blobs 6 to 6.1.2 saved on the Cydia servers only are useless. This is essentially what I did was save the 6.1 and 6.1.2 blob only on Cydia servers so it is useless no matter what. Is this correct? Given this then, the 6.1.3 blob I saved would be better insurance then would it not? Please provide your analysis on this.

I would sell the one that only has blobs saved for iOS 6.1.3. That version of iOS has not been jail broken (and rumor has it that iOS 6.1.3 jail break will come out with iOS 7's jail break).

That will leave you the iPad with the blobs for iOS 6.1.2, which is a jail breakable iOS.

Not that you can do anything with any of these blobs at this time (and maybe never), I should think that having blobs for a jail breakable iOS may be best, just in case. Though, again, for all we know - blobs will never be useful again.

Marilyn

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Marilyn

Is that just rumor they have a JB for anything over 6.1.2 ? Any rumors on Apple TV JB? Actually have no idea what that would do, just got mine yesterday, and do not know much about ATV yet. And what benefit we may have for a JB?
I still have my JB I pad and cannot thank you all enough for all the info. And help. Thx
Donna

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino level 54

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
6.1.3/6.1.4/6.1.5 is being worked on and is essentially done by @winocm and @ih8Sn0w. Their reason for halting the release is to see if overlapping exploits/vulnerabilities exist that can be used for both iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 and iOS 7.X. Neither are rumors.

Here is the list of jailbreakable ATV firmwares. Having a jailbroken AppleTV allows for more versatility in your viewing, rather than being locked to AirPlay or Apple-only content, there are multimedia tweaks and much more included with an ATV jailbreak. You can check them out at the FireCore site by browsing for Seas0nPass.

Jailbreaking the iPad allows you to install a plethora of tweaks that enhances the user experience, and can spoil the owner because of the ease of access created by the tweaks. It allows for root access and soft mods, which cannot be done on a stock device.

gobbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it would be better to have a 6.1.3 blob due to the fact that a jailbreak for that ios is in the works rather than a 6.1 or 6.1.2 blob saved?

6.1.3/6.1.4/6.1.5 is being worked on and is essentially done by @winocm and @ih8Sn0w. Their reason for halting the release is to see if overlapping exploits/vulnerabilities exist that can be used for both iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 and iOS 7.X. Neither are rumors.

Here is the list of jailbreakable ATV firmwares. Having a jailbroken AppleTV allows for more versatility in your viewing, rather than being locked to AirPlay or Apple-only content, there are multimedia tweaks and much more included with an ATV jailbreak. You can check them out at the FireCore site by browsing for Seas0nPass.

Jailbreaking the iPad allows you to install a plethora of tweaks that enhances the user experience, and can spoil the owner because of the ease of access created by the tweaks. It allows for root access and soft mods, which cannot be done on a stock device.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thx willer, so new to the ATV, not sure what version it is even on, I am sure the newest. Will ck out those sites for future JB

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So it would be better to have a 6.1.3 blob due to the fact that a jailbreak for that ios is in the works rather than a 6.1 or 6.1.2 blob saved?

At the moment, only for the Apple TV 2 because it's susceptible to the LimeRa1n exploit like the pre-A5 iOS handheld devices. Not quite so for the Apple TV 3. Usually when jailbreaks are available (tethered) it's for the Apple TV 2 only. The Apple TV 3 is available to jailbreak at the same time the iPhone 4S and above, or the iPad 2 and above are jailbroken, which is untethered.

For the Apple TV 3, a method may be available in the future, but at this moment, unfortunately blobs won't help. But as always, for iOS 6 and below, it's best to keep the blobs safe. iOS 7 is purely APTickets so it's less likely that a downgrade method for iOS 7 (iOS 6 in ATV terms) will be released anytime soon.

But of course, you can only jailbreak the ATV 2 tethered if utilities are updated to do so, which unfortunately Seas0nPass has not updated to do so just yet.

Thx willer, so new to the ATV, not sure what version it is even on, I am sure the newest. Will ck out those sites for future JB

You can check the iOS by going into Settings > About (or Settings > General > About I believe) and it will list your firmware version.

If you mean which ATV it is (2nd or 3rd generation) you can look at the packaging or the bottom of the ATV itself.

ATV2: MC572LL/A, A1378 or ATV3: MD199LL/A, A1427. Those are the model/make numbers.

As mentioned in response to gobbles, if you're looking to jailbreak the ATV 3, when a jailbreak utility is publicly released for the iPad 2 and above or the iPhone 4S and above (A5 devices basically), one will be available for the ATV 3. For the ATV 2, the list I linked above (relinked here for your convenience) is updated when Seas0nPass is updated.

To stay up to date with the latest jailbreak news and such, definitely subscribe or check out this thread here.

Last edited:

onlyvinod56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

My device is iPad2, running ios 7.1. i have a set of blobs. (5.1.1, 6.1, 6.1.2, 7.0.4). Is it possible to downgrade my device now?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello.

My device is iPad2, running ios 7.1. i have a set of blobs. (5.1.1, 6.1, 6.1.2, 7.0.4). Is it possible to downgrade my device now?

It's not possible to downgrade A5+ devices. The only scenario in which an A5+ device can be downgraded is if you're running the iPad 2 Wifi model, and you have both iOS 4.X and 5.X blobs, in which case you can downgrade back to the iOS 5 that you have blobs for. This explains a little more about why you can't downgrade on A5+ devices (iPad 2 and above, iPhone 4S and above, iPod Touch 5th Generation, and Apple TV 3)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's technically possible for the cellular iPad 2, but you'd have to had preserved your baseband since iOS 5 up until this point because you'll get a baseband issue with your iPad's baseband being higher than that of the iOS 5 baseband. And you'd have to have iOS 4 blobs as well to do so, not just iOS 5 blobs itself.

Most reactions