What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed please

busajohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have an a ipad air 2 and was on EE ts now been unlocked I'm trying to activate my Vodafone sim and I cant do it . I keep getting activation lock and something about find my ipone not been deleted . sorry im 60 years old and trying really hard to do this but no luck any advice please

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

I suppose you’re the only one who has ever owned this iPad (no previous owners)?
It’s asking for the password of the iCloud ID. Just enter it, if it’s your own iCloud account’s password that’s requested.

I’ve removed your other thread with the same question. More than one thread discussing the same problem might not get the right solution.
Please keep everything related to this topic to this thread only.

OP
B

busajohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry I put it back up I'm not good on the internet stuff. yes it was owned by someone else and he said he has deleted his account , I put new card in and went thru to where it says connect to iTunes then nothing now don't know what todo

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. I’ve removed that one as well.

The former owner has to remove this iPad from his iCloud account and Find my iPad, otherwise you won’t be able to use it at all.

Here are Apple’s instructions:
What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Contact the previous owner and tell him what has to be done. The part that shows what to do “If you no longer have your iPhone, ...” is important, in your case.

Hope that helps.

OP
B

busajohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes I can you it at the min but want to use Vodafone sim. everything else works .I got icload account and use it for drone flying dloaded apps just cant get sim to activate .will try that link later as were out flying at 1 oclcok .thanks you've been a big help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You’re welcome.

The most important thing that has to be done, is to remove iCloud’s Activation Lock. If it’s not locked to a carrier, you should be able to use it afterwards without problems, with a new SIM card.

OP
B

busajohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well 3 hours later still cant put new sim in .it keeps taking me to iTunes I put my icload detail in and nothing . iv even ersade all data on ipad and still no good . would be good if I knew what I was doing,lol

OP
B

busajohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as I type to you I'm wiping ipad the card is not in the ipad at the min

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless you have WiFi or can connect the iPad to a computer you need to put the SIM card into the device in order to connect to Apple and activate the device.

OP
B

busajohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have wifi and iTunes on laptop I wiped the ipad and put my card in it said 4g then as I went thru setup and it come up with activate or dismiss ..dismiss was highlited but not activate

OP
B

busajohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did check it was the latest . bloke I had it of is going to fone EE tmorow and find out if they have unlocked it for any sim

Most reactions

Latest posts