What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help repairing my ipad?

lalaneedhelp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a deep mistake whiling trying to play unlocking ipad ( even i know it can't be unlock) by using sam from Repo.bingner.com.
when i was on the half way doing unlocking process, i tried to remove the repo link, and it did successfully be removed out of my ipad, however, my ipad then be turn off, and when i turn it on , the screen was telling me that: my ipad was on setup process and when it reach to activating process, it can't be activated.
i don't really know what problem with my ipad.
i have tried to activate my ipad several times by connecting to the itune, but it all showed the error message that" the activaing server in not available"
please help me!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Hacking section as you appear to be jailbroken, hopefully you will get the help that you need here.

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you tried to install an iPhone-specific tweak on the iPad. The iPad does not have a phone function and has not number to activate, so your iPad is understandably stuck at trying to activate something that doesn't exist. SIM card unlock tweaks for iPhones really aren't made to be run on an iPad...

If you can, get back to Cydia and reinstall that repo. Then, uninstall that Sam tweak. After a respring (or maybe even a reboot/reset) your iPad should be back to normal - and not trying to be a phone.

If you can't get back to Cydia by just pressing on the icon and you know that you have Mobile Substrate loaded, reset your iPad by holding both the Home and the sleep buttons until you see the Apple icon. Once you see the Apple logo, press and hold the volume up button until you see your springboard. You are now in Safe Mode, which should allow you to get back to Cydia to uninstall that tweak.

If you cannot get that tweak off your iPad, I'm afraid that you will have to restore your iPad by putting a new iOS 5.1.1 version on it and then you can re-jailbreak it using Absinthe.

Sorry for your troubles. Do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts