What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help with after screen install.

tglason35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I just replace my ipad 3 screen now I cant slide to unlock. I have rebooted it and still nothing. is there something im not doing right?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello. I just replace my ipad 3 screen now I cant slide to unlock. I have rebooted it and still nothing. is there something im not doing right?

Hello and welcome to iPF! Have a good time here!

You can try resetting the iPad by pressing and holding the power button and home button simultaneously for about 20-30 seconds until the Apple logo appears. If this does not solve your problem, it may yet be another hardware problem and you need to make an appointment at the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple Store.

Good luck! Don't forget to post the results!

Once again, welcome to iPF and thanks for staying here!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I take it that you have replaced the screen yourself or had someone do it for you??

What happened to the original screen, was it damaged due to a drop?? If so, there may have been other damage that you were not aware of or something else has been damaged during the screen replacement.

All we can suggest at this point is that you do try the reset which abababababab has mentioned and let us know the results.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All we can suggest at this point is that you do try the reset which abababababab has mentioned and let us know the results.

BTW, you can call me just by saying Abs. I know the name is to long, but I wanted to keep it same as the username of a game I play. While searching a forum for it, I came by this awesome place. I thought we had spoken about this over PMs! o_O

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, you can call me just by saying Abs. I know the name is to long, but I wanted to keep it same as the username of a game I play. While searching a forum for it, I came by this awesome place. I thought we had spoken about this over PMs! o_O

Yes, we did speak about this on a pm and thank you, I will call you Abs......it's just that the OP may not have known who I was speaking about and that's why I did use your whole name here! ;)

Although, at first I did use 7 ab's rather than 6. :O

It's quite easy when I get the hang of it. :D

But Abs it is!!

Most reactions

Latest posts