What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader for Ipad and for Iphone/IpodTouch - shared documents or not?

30cento

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Goodreader on an Ipod Touch for some time and recently bought an Ipad. I understood that I should get the Goodreader for Ipad app so I did and it seems very useful. However, I was - naïvely perhaps - expecting these two app versions to share the same documents, but I have not found any sign of this. It rather seems like that I should regard these apps as separate entities and thus move/copy those documents that I really want to access on both platforms. If anyone could confirm this I would be most thankful!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is true - the two apps are completely separate from each other.

What I would recommend is either moving your data between the two using either iTunes or some cloud service, such as Dropbox. I use Dropbox and Goodreader connects very well with it (as long as you have an Internet connection, either via WiFI or 3G). In fact, I don't store anything in Goodreader, I just use it to work with stuff - then I put everything back on Dropbox. I find it's easier that way rather than trying to remember which iDevice has the most current information.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are running IOS5 the latest version of Goodreader supports iCloud natively, I share my documents between several iPads on my iCloud account right in Goodreader. I don't have a touch but I assume the app has the same ability.

OP

30cento

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both!
Sounds reasonable and easy to do.

Most reactions

Latest posts