1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Goodreader for Ipad and for Iphone/IpodTouch - shared documents or not?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by 30cento, Dec 1, 2011.

1. 30cento

30cento iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been using Goodreader on an Ipod Touch for some time and recently bought an Ipad. I understood that I should get the Goodreader for Ipad app so I did and it seems very useful. However, I was - naïvely perhaps - expecting these two app versions to share the same documents, but I have not found any sign of this. It rather seems like that I should regard these apps as separate entities and thus move/copy those documents that I really want to access on both platforms. If anyone could confirm this I would be most thankful!
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    This is true - the two apps are completely separate from each other.

What I would recommend is either moving your data between the two using either iTunes or some cloud service, such as Dropbox. I use Dropbox and Goodreader connects very well with it (as long as you have an Internet connection, either via WiFI or 3G). In fact, I don't store anything in Goodreader, I just use it to work with stuff - then I put everything back on Dropbox. I find it's easier that way rather than trying to remember which iDevice has the most current information.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn
  3. b00bie

b00bie iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If you are running IOS5 the latest version of Goodreader supports iCloud natively, I share my documents between several iPads on my iCloud account right in Goodreader. I don't have a touch but I assume the app has the same ability.
  4. 30cento

30cento iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you both!
    Sounds reasonable and easy to do.