What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader Documents Disappear

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
(Or any document transferring application I think).

When I open iTunes on my PC (running Windows 7) and go to the apps and then scroll down to the file sharing apps and click on one (GoodReader for example), the contained files appear. If I leave that view up, at some point the files disappear and the box becomes blank. I never see this happen, it happens when I am not looking and I don't know if there are any actions I make that causes the disappearance.

From that point forward, if I drag files from the PC's document library into the sharing app's documnet box they do not appear there, but they do get stored in the app (I know this only becase I go to the iPad snd check the contents in GoodReadser for example).

Can someone explain to me why they are disappearing or what I might be doing to cause them to disappear?

Thanks,

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you saying that, when you drag and drop a file into the "Documents" area of the apps tab, they stay for a little bit, then disappear? If so, that's normal. Take a doc and drag it into the "Documents" area, then watch the long box at the top of the screen where you normally see you music playing in iTunes. You will see them being transferred into your iPad/iPhone, as soon as it's finished it disappears from the "Documents" box. You don't have to sync docs in the "Documents" box like you do everything else, it's done automatically. Hope this helps.:)

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Are you saying that, when you drag and drop a file into the "Documents" area of the apps tab, they stay for a little bit, then disappear? If so, that's normal. Take a doc and drag it into the "Documents" area, then watch the long box at the top of the screen where you normally see you music playing in iTunes. You will see them being transferred into your iPad/iPhone, as soon as it's finished it disappears from the "Documents" box. You don't have to sync docs in the "Documents" box like you do everything else, it's done automatically. Hope this helps.:)
Yes it does. Thanks Poco.

northman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Documents disappear

Tom, I'm a new member and just wanted to add that I continue to experience the identical problem as you and can't quite figure out why it's happening. It appears to be unrelated to Poco's solution since once the documents disappear I am unable to add another another doc to any of the apps, unless I restart the connection. It seems to me that all the documents in the "file sharing" area of iTunes should remain "visible" no matter what. Any other thoughts? Could there be a conflict of some sort with certain apps? Thanks for any help. Bob

Most reactions

Latest posts