What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader & iCloud

Deyadissa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is a old topic, but the issue still exists. I cannot see the iCloud backup at all on my Ipad with the latest version. I actually had to jailbreak my phone and *gasp* obtain the application by other means in order for it to work.

It works on Version 3.14.0.

It appears that iCloud works without retina quality so you'll have to decide to keep the crisp text or iCloud.

I originally thought that the Icloud would allow your work to be saved on the same page, but alas that's not possible because the developers decided to charge you twice for the same program instead of being universal.

So save yourself the trouble and just use DropBox, not worth giving up crisp text.

--------------------------------------------------------

I just bought my Iphone for this reason and now I discovered I can't sync my PDF textbooks without losing highlight functionality.

Is there any app in the app store that allows me to sync pages AND Highlight?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PDF Expert, available for both the iPhone and iPad can be set to sync with DropBox, or other cloud services. You can sync the entire DropBox or only a selected folder. The annotations sync fine, and PDF Expert has an impressive set of annotation features.

G

Grytpype

GoodReader and PDF Splicer are the two essential PDF handling apps for the iPad, IMO. GoodReader has a few bugs and the "Manage Files" window is messy and could do with tidying up, but overall it is excellent. Fortunately, it works and syncs perfectly with Dropbox. My instinct told me to steer well clear of iCloud, and on reading this thread, I'm glad I did.

Most reactions