What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail only syncing new emails... old emails have been deleted!

Hez5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I am using exchage to sync with my gmail account, but it seems to be syncing just new emails and some how all my old emails hve disappeared from my ipad (but its all still there on gmail). Any thoughts on why this might be happening? It has been working fine until now.

Last edited:

ericf2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hez5 said:
Hi all. I am using exchage to sync with my gmail account, but it seems to be syncing just new emails and some how all my old emails hve disappeared from my ipad (but its all still there on gmail). Any thoughts on why this might be happening? It has been working fine until now.

The iPad mail only stores a limited number of email messages. I think the default is 100. It removes the older messages to save space. You can change the number in Settings> Mail...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, if you will look in your account settings (where you set up the exchange account) you will see an option that controls how many days of mail will be synced. The default is 3 days.

Most reactions

Latest posts