1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Cant close an open email draft

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by assured1, Dec 11, 2011.

1. assured1

assured1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I there, I am new to apple and I'm having some trouble with sending an email. I've set up my email account to sync with gmail, and started composing an email, however something happened and now I cannot cancel or send the draft. I cannot close out of it, can someone help?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    When the iPad starts "misbehaving," sometimes the best thing to do is to give it a swift kick in the software ... metaphorically speaking, of course. :D

First, fully close the Mail app by double tapping the Home button (or swiping up if you have multigestures enabled) to reveal the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold the Mail icon until it wiggles and then press the red minus sign in the upper left of the icon. Touch the home screen to slide it back down.

Then, try either of these methods (or both) to make the iPad behave:

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Good luck and let us know if that works for you.

Marilyn