What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My main gmail account has disappeared

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am a grandmother, so be gentle with comments as I am not a computer geek. Thank you...
Okay inside Mail Envelope on my main page of iPad, I had all my accounts listed. All I had to do was click on envelope and accounts listed as available.
Went in one day, and I had my account and an additional "gmail" account listed. The "gmail" account listed the same gmails that I had in my account so I deleted the "gmail" account. Do not know why I had this "gmail" account.
Now My account, not the "gmail" account is visible inside envelope icon but my account has zero emails nor will it download my emails into the account.
So I went to gmail login inside safari and my gmail account was visible so I put gmail icon on my desktop.
Yesterday, I went to gmail icon, no emails were visible, so I deleted the gmail on my desktop
Went to settings add new gmail account and I get an email that malicious activity prevented by GooglE
I am the malicious activity, as I am trying to get my emails.
So how can I get my email back on my ipad2?
Thank you for your help or tell me where I can get help with this issue
I do all of my updates that are recommended so I have 9 on ipad2.

MeMe

OP
G

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is MeMe again
If you cannot help, please advise me where I an ge help with my main email account disappearance.
does the cloud have my emails
If so, how do I get them downloaded into my email?
I really need some help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Now, about your issue. Can you take a screenshot of the mail accounts you have on your iPad 2? To get there, go to your Settings app (the gear icon on your iPad's Home page) and click on the line titled "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." You should end up with a view that looks like the attached.

c5ff44a4a7f91218307846f7593da7fb.jpg

I want to double check to see what you loaded before I start offering suggestions...

What I think we'll end up doing is removing all Gmail accounts from your iPad and starting over from scratch. Not to worry, tho, those emails are out there - we just have to figure out how to reconnect them to your iPad's Mail app.

Marilyn

P.S. You posted this request for help in two different forums. We only need one thread going, so I deleted the other one and put this one in the Help section. To keep the conversation to one place, please - only reply to this thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
G

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have attached the hoot requested. I will be leaving in about 10 minutes to take my grandchildren to a movie. Thank you for your quick response and offer to help.

MeMe

OP
G

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Granddaughter ended up at Doctor so I am available

Thank you
Jennifer

OP
G

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get the information that you referred to in your response?

Thank you
MeMe

OP
G

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xmickey
Are you sending me instructions on how to get my email fixed or do I need to submit elsewhere.
You responded at 9 this morning and I responded after 12 that I was available. It is now 4:04 EST.
Please advise.
Jennifer

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To prevent having e-mail addresses bandied about in this public forum, please check your private messages. Ive sent you one. Thanks.

Marilyn

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed on your screenshot that you have an iCloud account, in addition to your Gmail addresses. Did you start using it recently, or some time ago, and is it one of your Gmail addresses, or is it an [email protected] address?

Do you access your Gmail accounts from somewhere else than your iPad as well?

OP
G

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iCloud
Really do not understand what it is or does
All my accounts are accessible by iPad, iPhone 6 Plus and home Dell desktop.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iCloud can do the same as your Gmail accounts, and a lot more:
Sync Photos to all your devices, backup your iDevices, help you find your iDevice, sync files from the Works apps to your other Apple devices, save your usernames and passwords and sync them across devices, sync Safari bookmarks and favourites, ...

If this problem only appeared on your iPad, the best idea would be to delete all the Gmail accounts on the iPad, and then set them up again.

OP
G

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud can do the same as your Gmail accounts, and a lot more:
Sync Photos to all your devices, backup your iDevices, help you find your iDevice, sync files from the Works apps to your other Apple devices, save your usernames and passwords and sync them across devices, sync Safari bookmarks and favourites, ...

so if I delete all my accounts on my iPad how do I add them back in?
How do I fill in the information for jbt account?
Username is what?
SMTP: is what?
Incoming and outgoing mail information
I have followed but continues to ask if I want to set up without SSL
PLEASE be specific
As I have put
SMTP.gmail.com
Username: account name minus @...

OP
G

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in my iCloud account, I only have 1 picture
Under iCloud settings, photos, email, contacts and notes are on so why isn't this information in the first cloud email?

Most reactions

Latest posts