What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a cunning popup too - have a look in detail at the URL!! There are some devious people out there...but what surprises me is that the popup is *so* annoying, I wonder if anyone has actually clicked on it? These guys may be technically savvy but they certainly didn't graduate in human psychology.

Tim
hehe. It certainly seems devious and looooong. I'm sure that they will defeat the blocker again in time, but once you nail it, I suspect it will be gone for a while.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chitika has been nuked. It never did it to me but I guess it was doing it on Mobile browsers. Anyway, it's gone! Never to return!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chitika has been nuked. It never did it to me but I guess it was doing it on Mobile browsers. Anyway, it's gone! Never to return!

I understand this to mean that you filtered it out at the forum level. Good! :)

corkscrew1093

iPF Noob
Reaction score
everytime i try to go in a game,safari,or the app store it sends me back to my homescreen? what do i do?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
corkscrew1093 said:
everytime i try to go in a game,safari,or the app store it sends me back to my homescreen? what do i do?

Close all open programs and reboot?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, try to reboot the iPad!

How to Reboot the iPad

1. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for several seconds. (This is the button shown in the diagram above.)
2. The iPad will prompt you to slide a button to power off the iPad. Follow the directions on the screen by sliding the button from the left side to the right to reboot the iPad.
3. If the iPad is frozen or stuck, hold down both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button. This will force the iPad to power down.
4. The iPad screen will display the circle of dashes which indicates it is busy. Once the iPad has finished shutting down completely, the screen will go completely black.
5. Once the iPad's screen is completely black, hold down the Sleep/Wake button for several seconds. This will allow you to restart the iPad.
6. When the Apple logo appears in the middle of the screen, you can release the Sleep/Wake button. The iPad should reboot shortly after the logo appears. Once the iPad is reset, you can begin using it.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's going on with the ads?

I use ForumRunner and today this forum is displaying ads at the bottom of the screen. Occasionally, a blank screen will pop up requiring me to press 'done' to get back to the thread I was reading. If I launch Safari within the app while in that blank screen, it will bring up another blank screen with a 'click' ad.

This is only happening with this forum on ForumRunner.

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beryl said:

I use ForumRunner and today this forum is displaying ads at the bottom of the screen. Occasionally, a blank screen will pop up requiring me to press 'done' to get back to the thread I was reading. If I launch Safari within the app while in that blank screen, it will bring up another blank screen with a 'click' ad.

I just installed the update for the iPF app and now it is doing the same to me. It is excruciatingly annoying!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Beryl said:

I just installed the update for the iPF app and now it is doing the same to me. It is excruciatingly annoying!

This has been noted ~ Daniel, I moved your thread re this issue to our IPF App forum.

Patience guys, while this is looked into!:)

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Much thanks for the info and for checking it out! I knew I could count on the iPF

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do the tags mean by a thread title? EG a lock, a pushpin, etc? Did a search, no luck, didn't want to read all 26 pages of this thread? Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts