What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm...not sure why - it works fine on my iPad - I'm using iCab now to write this post and not a sign of those pop-ups....after you've 'loaded' the new filter, you then have to touch the 'Block' option...

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iCab, if you go to settings, 'Filters', 'My filters' can you see that URL that I gave earlier there? Is it set to 'Block'?

If it is, you should be good to go.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again, if any Members are affected and have a browser with filtering capability, such as iCab, it's easy to set up a filter to block this pop-up. Look earlier in this thread for details.

Tim

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
...have a browser with filtering capability, such as iCab, it's easy to set up a filter to block this pop-up.

Tried this (I'm on iCab) according to instructions. Still has it. Tried respring and reboot to no avail. Have even tried closing tabs, but with same results: it's still there...

Do I miss some minor detail? I've put the filter as 'block' and in 'My Filters' (even put it in 'Advertising', though not simultaniously)...

//Stefan 

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems I've solved it... Changed my browser id from Safari (iPad) to Googlebot. No ad to ruin my browsing at IPF! 

//Stefan 

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear. I wonder why that browser setting affects it? I've have mine set to Safari at present and I definitely am not seeing the pop up.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear. I wonder why that browser setting affects it? I've have mine set to Safari at present and I definitely am not seeing the pop up.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a cunning popup too - have a look in detail at the URL!! There are some devious people out there...but what surprises me is that the popup is *so* annoying, I wonder if anyone has actually clicked on it? These guys may be technically savvy but they certainly didn't graduate in human psychology.

Tim

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can enter the filter into iCab's Settings/Edit Filters/Advertising/Create New Filter. Keep the setting to Blocked (default) and either reload the page or, maybe better, exit iCab and re-enter. The string I gave above is still working for me this morning, it's possible that in Europe or in different parts of the country a different URL is in the ad (press and hold the ad to copy the URL and use wildcards to difine the string). I noticed the ad last night when Marie and others began discussing it. It should only take a second to block it. Hope this is a little more precise.

Most reactions

Latest posts