What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
It's one of the companies that advertise on here!!! Now I haven't asked for this, or requested it from this site. Is it something that happens regularly on here!

2e234175.jpg

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
OMG! I just got on my iPad and it is happening to me too. The add is slightly different than yours.

Yeah the advertisement changes!! What really annoys me is that this has not been allowed by myself, it gets in the way when your reading, yes you can 'X' it but it just pops up on the next screen you go on.
The only way of stopping it happening is by using your iPad forum app, but I don't find it as easy to navigate!!
Is anyone else having this problem??

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not put that avatar there. Some of us mods have avatar wars from time to time.

No one knows who does it ~ but we have an idea. Sometimes.:)

This add is really making me hella mad.:mad:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure it can't just be affecting us two! If others are affected is there a central body to complain too. Surely it's against your rights for someone to just load a program onto your PC/iPad!?!

I'm getting these ads, too. These ads are a good way to make these advertisers never sell me anything.

I think I'll go on Yelp and put a crappy review for every advertiser I see on them. All I have to do is create a template bad review and cut and paste, attaching each of their names. Good going, stupid advertising people. (I mean the specific people who created these ads, not advertising people with more sense.)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your browser supports ad filters (i.e. iCabMobile) you can knock it out with the following line:

http://*chitika.net/*

I added this filter in iCab, but still see the ads. Do you have specific steps i can try?

I will avoid the forum for a few days and, if I see the ads on return, I'll switch to some other forum. Good going, dumb ad people. You not only make sure these advertisers don't get business, you lower your click-through rate on all your ads on this site. Was there a group discount on lobotomies that you guys took advantage of?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your browser supports ad filters (i.e. iCabMobile) you can knock it out with the following line:

http://*chitika.net/*

I added this filter in iCab, but still see the ads. Do you have specific steps i can try?

I will avoid the forum for a few days and, if I see the ads on return, I'll switch to some other forum. Good going, dumb ad people. You not only make sure these advertisers don't get business, you lower your click-through rate on all your ads on this site. Was there a group discount on lobotomies that you guys took advantage of?

The pop-up is too clever..this is the filter you need to add...

http://mm.chi*

and they're gone...

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that in iCab, but it didn't work. Might be related to cookies? Anyway, I've switched to Atomic and blocked them with the filter you suggested, Tim. Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - glad you fixed it. I think I omitted one step - once you've defined the filter in iCab you have to 'load' it to make it active.

I hope they get the pop-up fixed soon....

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but that didn't work with iCab, either. Bummer about switching, because Atomic and iCab aren't as smooth as Safari when it comes to entering posts on the forum.

I think I've had enough browser fun. I'm going to turn on Netflix instead.

Most reactions

Latest posts