What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreams

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
WOW, Quite a selection of dreams and you remember them ALL. I must assume (a dangerous thing to do since it can make an ass of me ) I digress, but still assume you are among the young crowd on the forum? Not like an old fogey like me who has to look for the book I wrote them all in! If you don't use a dream journal, please keep a copy of your posts here because, although you might not believe it now, I didn't when my mom told me so, you will forget them as you age. Sincerely, Squib:)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am om the farm I grew up on. It is in this decade ( about 6 mos after ) the World Trade Center was hit. There are many many people on a hill where I am. We see a darkening of the skies to the south east. Everyone is pointing to the dark clouds. It looks VERY foreboding. There are explosions going off everywhere downtown. We are all wondering what is happening. It gets bigger and bigger, the cloud is darker and darker as well. We are all stunned at the vision. Then I realize that the small amount of money that I live on each month will be unavailable. Someone has a radio we are listening to is breaking up. We can't really understand all of what is going on. I wonder how I will survive because I only receive 600.$ a mo.
Then without warning there is an explosion so huge it knocks everyone to the ground unconscious. When I come to, my head is pounding and I can't hear. I wake up with a jolt. My ears are hurting so badly I get up and go into the bathroom to look in the mirror expecting to see blood pouring out of my ears. Need I say this dream and then awaking has a direct connection to the 9/11 event.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I've never had a 9/11 dream, even though I actually was in DC that day and then in Manhattan the week after (had to drive because all planes were grounded). On that day in DC, I was near the Pentagon and after the plane hit, for hours after, there were sirens going off in the distance. When I took the subway into downtown DC later, it was a ghost town and when I came up from the subway, there were military troops holding guns.

I had business to take care of in NY the next week, and drove in. As I neared the city, I could see the smoke still rising from Ground Zero, in the distance. When I checked into my hotel, it was full of emergency workers who must've been trying to help remove debris or reroute utilities, because they were covered in soot.

I hadn't intended to go to Ground Zero, because I thought it would be ghoulish to gawp at such a place, at such a time. But I was having dinner in Chinatown and happened to share a table with some locals and they encouraged me to go, saying it wouldn't be disrespectful. So I walked from there to Ground Zero, and as I got closer, I could still smell the smoke. When I got to Ground Zero, it was cordoned off, but you could walk very close. The workers were working nonstop even at night, and klieg lights lighted the scene to a bright white. You could see ashes covering all the nearby high rises' glass, and a crowd was watching the debris removal. No one spoke at all. It seemed disrespectful to say anything. We could only stare in disbelief at what looked like a movie set, but was real and so very wrong.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for Sharing that. I have never been to NYC but I saw in real time on the TV when the second plane hit the second tower. I swear, I felt like someone had punched me in the solar plexus and I couldn't breathe for st least a minute. I get the same sensation if I happen to be watching TV and that shows up again. So many people who helped so many people are now suffering from all kinds of respiratory ailments....that lingering of illness seems to me to be symbolic of what most people carry around subconsciously. Did you just smell smoke? Was it later on enough for what so many people called a cloying sweet sick smell? I think it would be an honor to be at any of those sites! When you were driving into DC had the plane already hit or did you hear it come roaring in?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for Sharing that. I have never been to NYC but I saw in real time on the TV when the second plane hit the second tower. I swear, I felt like someone had punched me in the solar plexus and I couldn't breathe for st least a minute. I get the same sensation if I happen to be watching TV and that shows up again. So many people who helped so many people are now suffering from all kinds of respiratory ailments....that lingering of illness seems to me to be symbolic of what most people carry around subconsciously. Did you just smell smoke? Was it later on enough for what so many people called a cloying sweet sick smell? I think it would be an honor to be at any of those sites! When you were driving into DC had the plane already hit or did you hear it come roaring in?

I was in Arlington, the city where the Pentagon is. I had no clue what happened and then started hearing sirens nonstop after what turned out to be the Pentagon being hit. Someone called me after the first World Trade tower was hit, then I watched the second hit on TV. I then went into DC from Arlington later that day.

Adding a link that might give you a better idea of the Pentagon's proximity to DC (just across the water):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Pentagon_US_Department_of_Defense_building.jpg

I got to NY the week after the attack and the smell lingered because the fire was still smoldering, but I doubt it was as strong as what people originally smelled. The smoke in NY was distinctive, but I don't remember how.

I remember the power was out as I got closer and closer to Ground Zero, and it was eerily quiet for NY.

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That must have been the most awesome part for the city that never sleeps is suddenly soundless! I can only imagine. What surprised me, the most, was even though I am Canadian and live near Vancouver, as far as you can get from the east coast, I was so deeply impacted by the whole event. The pentagon was sad to me. But the WTC Towers were so traumatic, unsettling and truly terrifying to me. I still don't know why, except that I am a compassionate person of the Human Race. Anyone have any insights about that for me?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That must have been the most awesome part for the city that never sleeps is suddenly soundless! I can only imagine. What surprised me, the most, was even though I am Canadian and live near Vancouver, as far as you can get from the east coast, I was so deeply impacted by the whole event. The pentagon was sad to me. But the WTC Towers were so traumatic, unsettling and truly terrifying to me. I still don't know why, except that I am a compassionate person of the Human Race. Anyone have any insights about that for me?

I think the attack was horrifying to all civilized people, no matter where they lived. It was meant to be horrifying. That's how terrorism works.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had a dream that was set in the present day. I was a Native Indian going thru all kinds of different Initiations and rites.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had this dream in 1988.

I was on a cruise ship where a friend of mine, Brad was filming a movie about aliens! I was on a different deck talking to my friend Aleh. I went to the deck where they were filming. I was walking around looking at all the stuff. I was checking out the props that were aliens, but found out some of the props were real, and they were ALIENS!they were beautiful creatures and I wanted to touch them - thinking they were safe. But some of the ' alive' one's were voracious! Pink round blobs that looked like bubble gum but they could stretch big enough to eat a person. Then I noticed something on my lip. I peeled it off and saw that between the inner a d outer skin it was mushy, rotting flesh and little aliens were hatching inside the mushy stuff. I freaked out and was running around the ship looking for Brad. I was so scared and couldn't find anyone I knew so I just asked a stranger where the bus statin was because I wanted to get back to Vancouver to see my Doctor. The ship was in port at Bellingham, USA.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Isn't there anyone out there with enough of an imagination to interpret my dream?

rjkgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i also have a dream of a someone i love or people i miss and it sucks because its basically the same people but different places.

Reaction score
I dreamt I was coming out of a convenience store in the USA, with a bag of Doritos and a chocolate bar, and then all of a sudden I see this wonderful 1958 Plymouth Fury parked in the lot, and its headlights gleamed at me, and I thought, oh crap is that Christine? So I got into my 1958 Plymouth, which was ironically the same colours as Christine, same model even but not evilly possessed like her, so I ran to a friend of mines place, hid my car in his garage, turned it off, ran inside the house, and woke him up because he was sitting on the lounge watching TV, and then a guy with a junker Plymouth Savoy comes up, trying to hide from Christine too, so the three of us sat out at the window with the blinds closed, watching the news for any signs of Christine, then all of a sudden my friend, who owned a Gold Plymouth Fury from '58, saw Christine out the front of his neighbours house, waiting to kill his neighbour, I was like o_O, so I sat in my car who I had named Big Chris, who was a 1958 Plymouth Fury in the same colours red and white, My cars serial number for the red and white ones was #0002 while Christine's was #0001, my car had never killed anyone or done any devilish things, but one trait of Christine which I liked that my car done, was playing oldies on the radio, on every station, and when I bought him I found a note in the glovebox that said "Hello New Owner, if you have bought this car off of me then I hope you can take care of it, see I bought it in September of 1957, that was when you got your new model year in September, My parents back then said I couldn't keep it, so the car was for sale until today, I know you can take care of him like I did, just be sure to never run into Christine, the twin of this car, Sincerely, Old guy who owned your car", so I kept that note in the glovebox for the next owner if I ever intended to sell it, see when I bought it in the dream, it still looked new as hell, and it read six miles on the odometer, so it wasn't driven much, I added new old stock manifolds to it because the old ones were rotten through, and then I went for a cruise in this 100% original car, and the guy said it was garaged since '57, and it was a morning in this year that I bought it, as I got my drivers license in the US in the dream at 15 apparently, sometimes the car would drive me home when I was asleep at the wheel, which I liked, it always wasn't jealous of anyone, and it had good traction better than any other old car I drove, but then, one day when I was at my friends house, Christine came around at night, so my friend and I called my other friend who was a friend I met on Chat Avenue, to come over and watch Christine until she made her move at us, I was the only one to survive, and to kill her, I felt bad for a classic car, but it was an evil classic who possessed the life of an evil person, My car wasn't evil, but it was the same model and same colour Plymouth, with a different license plate, and it had a better life with me than the old guy that I bought it off, it is a wonderful car, and at the end of the dream I was playing the Hammond for a band that recently started in town, I had a chopped B-3 and at the end of my dream, we had just finished a gig with Fire by Jimi Hendrix, someone had got it on video, including my Hammond solo and posted it on YouTube, it got over 1.4 billion hits, and I was driving my car, then I woke up,and I thought to myself whoa what a heck of a dream

A Commodore 64 a day keeps the Apple II away!

Most reactions

Latest posts