What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreams

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yuk - what is the scariest part of your nightmares?

I love nightmares because they provide a needed respite from my waking moments. The scary part is in knowing that my reality is far more scary than the dream. Come live in my head for a month and you will long for a restful nightmare or two.

(Scroll down)

BOO!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing I can't abide is dreaming that I'm working, and then waking up to find that it's time to go to work. That has happened multiple times, and I've never been paid for that time.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I dream every night,i can usually remember them,the weirdest dreams are always towards morning not long before i wake for the day,really weird sometimes!

I want to hear what the dreams are, please. Not just that you dreamed. Sorry I haven't put any of mine up yet. I slipped back into sleep mode since my last post. Hopefully I will have time to write out one of my weird dreams and then you guys can tell me what you think they mean! :)
Kevin JS - I dream a lot about a book I am writing in my dream, but I am not really writing a book in reality. When you dream you are working is it the same work as you get paid for when you are awake?
Bob M - really? Your waking time is scarier than your nightmares! What do you do when you are awake?

Last edited:
Reaction score
My one dream I was walking the streets, I saw a run down looking old house and I went inside, turned the light on and there were rooms filled with old valve TVs! Radios and everything! Even an old fridge! So I made that my house :3 and then people started coming to me with stories of the guy that owned it, used to repair TVs and he left them here for someone to finish their repairs off! So I did finish his repairs and now that dream house is filled with working TVs

A Commodore 64 a day keeps the Apple II away!

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same dream several times: I am at my first school. I am running from this big blue ball and trying to get in a rocket ship.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
VERY COOL dreams! Thanks for sharing. I have no idea what they mean! Do you?

I have been searching and searching for the book I wrote all my dreams in an so far can't find it! Maybe tomorrow , I sure hope so!

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
VERY COOL dreams! Thanks for sharing. I have no idea what they mean! Do you?

I have been searching and searching for the book I wrote all my dreams in an so far can't find it! Maybe tomorrow , I sure hope so!

Now, you didn't dream that up, did you Squib? ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
NO!! I looked so hard I had sweat running down my fave! I was so looking forward to giving you one of my wild and wooly dreams! Gob you make me laugh, I love it, I want some more of it! I am going to spend as much energy as I have to keep searching for it! I know you will find my dreams very interesting! Guaranteed !! Can't wait til I find it now, but it is midnight and I don't want to wake the monster I share the house with! Thanks, this forum is the best medicine in the world, thanks to people like you and others who know they are important to me. Goodnight, tomorrow is going to be a long search day!

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I fell asleep after my last post. Here it is. I was visiting someone I don't know but am with a good friend I do know. We were exploring the town when my back was just killing me with so much pain. I went to the hospital emergency, the Dr wanted to take my history from the last 20 yrs. I didn't want to go thru all the things that had happened. Kidney problems, spinal injuries, cancer during which I had gotten that flesh eating disease. All I wanted was something for the pain so I could get back home. The Drs seemed very nice and wanting to help. They told me I had to go thru a group evaluation where everyone talks about their experiences. I did that reluctantly and when that was over they took me back to emergency. Then the Dr wanted to admit me which is not what I wanted! I just wanted something for the pain to get me home. The Dr was being subversive and kept sending me to different Drs and places in the hospital until I was lost. I ended up in a room somewhere in the hospital and my friend couldn't find me. This Dr told me he didn't want to give me anything for pain thinking I was a drug addict, what he really wanted to do was lower my dose of medication even though I wasn't on narcotics but needed some to get me home. I found myself helpless and lost in a hospital I was lost in and separated from my friend. I realized I wasn't going to get any help and began searching the hospital to find my clothes so I could leave and get home regardless of the pain. Everytime I ran into a nurse or Dr they would take me deeper into the labyrinth of the hospital getting more and more confused about how to get out. I was crying and screaming at everyone that I didn't know where I was and didn't belong in this hospital or the town,city where I was. I woke terrified that I would never get out of there! Now I am going to try to go back to sleep in my real life in my own bed with my own medication! Goodnight all, for the second time tonight!

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I fell asleep after my last post. Here it is. I was visiting someone I don't know but am with a good friend I do know. We were exploring the town when my back was just killing me with so much pain. I went to the hospital emergency, the Dr wanted to take my history from the last 20 yrs. I didn't want to go thru all the things that had happened. Kidney problems, spinal injuries, cancer during which I had gotten that flesh eating disease. All I wanted was something for the pain so I could get back home. The Drs seemed very nice and wanting to help. The told me I had to go thru a group evaluation where everyone talks about their experiences. I did that reluctantly and when that was over they took me back to emergency. Then the Dr wanted to admit me which is not what I wanted! I just wanted something for the pain to get me home. The Dr was being subversive and kept sending me to different Drs and places in the hospital until I was lost. I ended up in a room somewhere in the hospital and my friend couldn't find me. This Dr told me he didn't want to give me anything for pain thinking I was a drug addict, what he really wanted to do was lower my dose of medication even though I wasn't on narcotics but needed some to get me home. I found myself helpless and lost in a hospital I was lost in and separated from my friend. I realized I wasn't going to get any help and began searching the hospital to find my clothes so I could leave and get home regardless of the pain. Everytime I ran into a nurse or Dr they would take me deeper into the labyrinth of the hospital getting more and more confused about how to get out. I was crying and screaming at everyone that I didn't know where I was and didn't belong in this hospital or the town,city where I was. I woke terrified that I would never get out of there! Now I am going to try to go back to sleep in my real life in my own bed with my own medication! Goodnight all, for the second time tonight!

This sounds like a clear stress dream to me -- frustration, helplessness, fear.

The details are different, but the theme is similar to a recurring one I've had when under a lot of stress: I've lost my credit cards and am trying to call to cancel, but none of the phones work right, and my frustration mounts as I worry that someone will be using my cards fraudulently as time lapses. Or another dream that to me holds the same meaning: I'm working under tight deadline and my computer thwarts me at every turn. To me, those both represent frustration, stress and elements beyond one's own control, and they sound like yours, minus the fear. To me, those dreams are straightforward and don't have symbolism beyond amplifying feelings that I'm experiencing in real life, like when I've done everything possible to help rescue an employee and have run out of options and must fire him or her.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I totally agree! Being in foreign place with such excruciating painWAS scary. I am so glad I have never had to fire anyone, boy do ever feel that one as pain for all decent people in that position of authority! Especially if it is someone you like!

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had a dream a few years ago where I woke up in a very strange house...very old time furnishings and no electricity! However, there wa my plaid kimono hanging on the wall. I got up and suspected the guy I was seeing at the time was two-timing me with many different women. People wandered I from different parts of the house ! I DID NOT KNOW ONE OF THEM!! I asked then how I got there, they didn't know. They did know B who I realized was being a low down s rounded - I asked where he went, they told me of a place I had never heard of but was fairly lose by then I asked them what the date and time were. When they told me I was like on of those doge tilting it's head one way and then the next! The year was years before I was actually born! As I got on mike bike to go and see B., I got a very clear messages from THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE POWERS THAT BE!
Here is what I was told ( by the dream masters or the PTB ) that I could review and live through my whole life up to the present. I could go as slow as I wanted (like1sec @ a time or take it fast paced! However, once I had forwarded even ONE SECOND I was NOT allowed to change it again.
So, I was given this extraordinary movie of my life and could CHANGE anything I wanted to -that was like winning the highest lotto dream of all time! What was most astonishing to me was 1. I got to see how my grandparents lived! 2. I experienced myself being BORN!! And I was NOT happy because I didn't recognize then, they were all ET's and I had NO CLUE what they wanted from me! I zoomed forward a few years to about when I was six, I think. I saw a shadow on the edge of my life at that time but decided I didn't want to open that Pandora's boxing!, so, on and on it went.
Everytime I thought, OH YA I AM DEFINITELY MAKING ANOTHER CHOICE THIS TIME AROUND......but as I also had the time to think ahead of what i would lose if i didnt make that one choice to look to that present time as well, I realized that if I said NO to one experience that I didn't want to go thru...I realized that giving up one of my choices back then would rob me of the ABSOLUTE Best parts of my life! In the end I didn't change a single THING!
The next day, upon reflection I realized that breaking my back was not an option I was given to choose! And for a few yrs before that dream I began to think that our lives are made up of approx. 50% choice and 50% whatever we signed on for when we were brought into our present lives. I truly, from the bottom of my heart believe, I chose to go through the surgeries, pain clinics, Drs after Drs ad nauseun to teach me to be still and look inward because I was moving so fast, had a feeling of urgency that I had better get it ALL done before I reached 30 because by then I would either be dead or my life changed in such a way I could no longer race around at every whim!
It was very much like watching a tree grow! Every branch leads to another one and so on and so on and so on! Sometimes the WORST situation or choice can end up bringing your greatest treasure! You just need the courage to HOLD ON!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That would be cool to see my last life before this one, I had a dream once I woke up at Jimi Hendrix's house, it was a Red House ironically, and also I got to play on stage with Jimi, 40 years pass and I see the video on YouTube, who knew I was awesome on stage with Jimi! I stood at the behind of Hendrix doing some solos of my own thing on Voodoo Child, there was one point in the song where we sang and played in harmony :) I would've loved to do a recording with the great Hendrix, just imagine the hits we'd have produced!

A Commodore 64 a day keeps the Apple II away!

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You. Guys have so much more fun than me, Nathan. I would loved to have met Jimi Hendrix. Oh my gosh, to hear him in person! You and your friends will keep up your dream logs and continue sharing with us. They are SO much fun!

Most reactions

Latest posts