What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Funny how we swung from pages of hillarious "this is the best thread ever" posts and having a outrageously good time all the way over to social debates about human behavior and affronted feelings in like less than a day. When emotions run hot they can run hot in sny directions and switch directions without notice and without diminishing in intensity. Hopefully soon we'll return to the more balanced middle.

P.S. My level 15 Bloom got gold in the Colosseum.
P.P.S. We're heading out to the O.B. right now for an ultrasound to hopefully find out if we're being given a girl or a boy.
P.P.P.S. Any suggestions for a color scheme for adding Bloom to my signature?

Congrats and GL on the PPS. We're all waiting to hear.

Regards the PPPS I would have said white, but Ghost already has that. Then multi coloured, but no, rainbow has that. Pink, no. Yellow, no. Another multi-coloured I think, with the more pastel colours.

karma_musings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fletch, when I read in your earlier post "Everyone lies", I thought of the TV show House, where that's kind of his motto - when they listen to the patient he never believes all that the person says, because, "everyone lies" - to themselves if not to others.

How many times have folks said to themselves, "oh, I'm not really overweight", or "oh, it's fine to eat this food that's not healthy, it won't really hurt me", or worse, "oh, I'm so ugly, or have such bad hair, or not smart, etc etc etc" when, if you asked family, friends, or lots of other people, they'd say none of those things are true at all. So, it's a lie to oneself.

And yes, there's the whole Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy world of sweet untruths to one's kids, too.

I know I'm jumping in here without the background, because again I'm way behind and just catching up on conversations, but recognizing one's own internal dialogue is important too. There are many shades of truth there...

Just my 2 cents.

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny how we swung from pages of hillarious "this is the best thread ever" posts and having a outrageously good time all the way over to social debates about human behavior and affronted feelings in like less than a day. When emotions run hot they can run hot in sny directions and switch directions without notice and without diminishing in intensity. Hopefully soon we'll return to the more balanced middle.

And maybe even talk about Dragonvale once in a while.... :)

Poppy

P.S. I think it's a girl. Buy a stuffed Bloom dragon for the crib.

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's amazing how fast dc accumulates when you're feeding dragons. After leveling my third Bloom to 15 yesterday I haven't had anything else to spend the cash on and I already have over $20M, a lot for me. For my next game within a game I'm thinking of seeing how much cash I can accumulate. A billion is a good goal. Of course I'm always tempted to get that one level 20 and the goofy crown. Then I could do a Palace Island. Always something to do in Dragonvale land.

Poppy

P.S. Could get quiet here without Tricia and Vicky.

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe my point was too subtle, so I'll ask it directly and to the point. If your child makes up a story at school, specifically about how well he achieved in some game or competition, and is then told by other kids that he "has no morals", "has no worth", "does not count", "is a cheater", "is dirtying up the school", you would be okay with that because he was lying and deserves what ever he gets?!

My son went to a co-op preschool. It was required a parent must volunteer once a week for your child to attend. When a ruckus would breakout, we were told (parents) not to get involved. To allow the children to learn how to resolve their own conflicts. It was amazing to watch young 3 year olds able to do this and those life skills they will carry throughout their adult life. As adults we come across some of those childhood behaviors. For example, you may had worked with a colleague who could make your life easier but won't assist. That person is the child in the sandbox who never learned to share, the parent may have force the share or grabed the toy out of the child's hand and said share. . .but the child never had the opportunity to figure it out themselves.

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score

P.S. My level 15 Bloom got gold in the Colosseum.
P.P.S. We're heading out to the O.B. right now for an ultrasound to hopefully find out if we're being given a girl or a boy.
P.P.P.S. Any suggestions for a color scheme for adding Bloom to my signature?

Exciting about the OB and will be emotional. Color scheme, ghost,love,sun, and moon?

ShirleyWA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend just sent me a gift, but I can't return to her as she disappeared from my friend list. In fact there were few disappeared,
what happened? How do I get them back? they are still in my game centre friend list. Please help!!

Do you use Facebook? Several of us have had a similar issue and it turned out we needed to log into Fb from our Dragonvale game to find those invisible friends.

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son went to a co-op preschool. It was required a parent must volunteer once a week for your child to attend. When a ruckus would breakout, we were told (parents) not to get involved. To allow the children to learn how to resolve their own conflicts. It was amazing to watch young 3 year olds able to do this and those life skills they will carry throughout their adult life. As adults we come across some of those childhood behaviors. For example, you may had worked with a colleague who could make your life easier but won't assist. That person is the child in the sandbox who never learned to share, the parent may have force the share or grabed the toy out of the child's hand and said share. . .but the child never had the opportunity to figure it out themselves.

I've always been fascinated with what goes in to forming worldview, both on a personal and national level. I'm reading a fascinating book that is providing some real insights. The title is "The Rational Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion" written by Jonathan Haidt. My thinking process has always revolved around how much of our worldview should be ascribed to nature (the nativist approach) and much to nurture (the empiricist approach), which comprise the classic model. Haidt discusses a new school of thought that is emerging among behaviorial scientists that there is a third component - rationalism. Rationalism is when human beings figure out things for themselves as they grow up and go through the socialization process.

Rationalists believe that it does no good to tell your child to share, for example. You can set an example, you can encourage it, but it's something that they learn on their own as they build their social skills. Your school was spot-in with their advice to let the kids work things out in their own.

Outstanding book - I'm learning a lot.

Poppy

altraeis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello DV land. I arrived in Hong Kong today where it is balmy with a nice cool breeze. Walked up and down Nathan Rd for a few hours and now ready for bed. Thankfully we have wifi in the hotel, so managed to get my DV fix. 10 hours my poor dragons spent without me, thankfully they survived lol.

Si

ShirleyWA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all my long neglected friends and also all the 'new regulars' I havent had the pleasure of interacting with!

Some of you may remember me, as I was a regular poster here for a while at least, but I have (obviously) been MIA for a while now.
Unfortunately, I just really don't have the time to be properly involved anymore or actually, to be more accurate, I apparently have a real problem with 'moderation' and I don't have the time to be on here EVERY DAY ALL DAY - which I soon would be if I tried to get more 're-involved', hehe.

However, I have been lurking lately (reading along on my iPhone when I have a few minutes here and there) and I have to say you all make it really hard to not jump in...you've made smile and laugh out loud so many times! I am both delighted and shocked at how entertaining (and downright dirty ;)) this thread has gotten, haha.

Hi Michele, nice to meet you. Congrats on the blooms. Completely understand the "moderation" thing, suffer from that myself. Hope you can visit more often.

Bossfanca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FINALLY a 13 hour egg! Whew! Lichen/storm did the trick on the 2nd attempt with that combo. My kids are going to be so happy! Thanks for all your help everyone. Now to try for a sun and moon, which have also both been eluding us. :rolleyes:

ShirleyWA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue :( worst part is cant email helpdesk cause i cant log in to my email!! Argh!! Im waiting on an email confirming a job inteview!

Tiffany xoxo

You probably already tried this, but will suggest it anyway. Have found that whenever my device seems to be "acting up" it's usually tied to having too many apps open in the background. Have you tried the home key double click, close apps?

ShirleyWA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not that hard if you have his resources Hun (over 5 billion DC,over 5 1/2 million treats and 40,000 plus gems ) we could all do it that easy if we wanted ,but most of us have morals x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10 my sons GCID coxy 26

**sputter, cough!!**

Wow, it sure didn't take long for me to really step in it. Hard to believe this was all started because I congratulated someone getting a dragon. Have read the posts (so far) with interest to see how it would develop. Hardest to read was the parting of members. Discussion is always good and discussions require opinions, it's how those opinions are expressed that matter. For the most part it seems like the posts have been written based more on meaningful thought and less on raw emotion. I'm growing fond of all of you and hate to see anyone leave. I'll continue to congratulate dragons bred, have not been here long enough to know the backgrounds of individuals and their game play history, but did just get a valuable lesson on the politics.

Last edited:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Shellee! Me too! Watching the news tonight and it really was bad out there today! Many tornados in the area and lots of damage all around. Yet we remained pretty much untouched except for the pesky hail. Pretty sure my truck got some damage, but nothing like what I've seen around!

April :) GCID Servant 16:9 (daughter Allison GCID Angel2all; daughter Amanda GCID Servant to one)

Your welcome. I seen it on the news last night. Not good. :( So much damage.

Most reactions

Latest posts