What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prior to the update, we were encouraged to write our wish list. One of the things I put on the wish list was for a dragon that covered the three elements that were missing with the panlong. I made this request simply because I knew it would make it easier to work towards the gold shrines, especially considering the high price paid for quick feeds, and powering up. It was mentioned that BFS read our threads. I'm so glad they do.

So, BFS, thanks for bloom, the most beautiful dragon of all. I have named my first one GTgirl.

Somewhere lurking in my parks you will find a wise panlong dragon called poppy. There is also a fletch, brooklyn, vampi and others.... I remember when I first started reading this thread, well before I joined, there was some great advice listed by great people - that is what made this community so attractive and endearing for me.

Vivipilou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always been fascinated with what goes in to forming worldview, both on a personal and national level. I'm reading a fascinating book that is providing some real insights. The title is "The Rational Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion" written by Jonathan Haidt. My thinking process has always revolved around how much of our worldview should be ascribed to nature (the nativist approach) and much to nurture (the empiricist approach), which comprise the classic model. Haidt discusses a new school of thought that is emerging among behaviorial scientists that there is a third component - rationalism. Rationalism is when human beings figure out things for themselves as they grow up and go through the socialization process.

Rationalists believe that it does no good to tell your child to share, for example. You can set an example, you can encourage it, but it's something that they learn on their own as they build their social skills. Your school was spot-in with their advice to let the kids work things out in their own.

Outstanding book - I'm learning a lot.

Poppy
Very interesting.
Hum about the books title, what is the definition of "good people" ? In our today's world, some people who consider themselves as good people are evil to others. Ones truth is not everybody's truth. Has been like that since the dawn of mankind and there is no real reason why it should change.
Secondly, IMHO, those rationalists are also utopists. This is that famous theory whereby a child is supposed to acquire everything by itself wiithout directions, just by life experience. You and I are old enough to know that some have never learned and wll never do. Are they considered "evil" due to lack of guidance/education or is it their born nature?
A very old debate, i know, are we born good, evil or "blank" ...

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same issue :( worst part is cant email helpdesk cause i cant log in to my email!! Argh!! Im waiting on an email confirming a job inteview!

Tiffany xoxo

What about shutting down everything running in the background and doing a hard reboot to see if thst helps?

mc_neeze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MC_NEEZE....how many Large Earth Habitats can you fit on that island?
I tried my best and I could fit 13.... Let me know if you can beat that.

Hey 250! Wow miss a couple days on this forum and miss alot. Right now I am at 11. I figure i Have Panlong's in the HC so I might as well bust them out. I found a handy chart online and ill do some digging but I think you might of hit the max.

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very interesting.
Hum about the books title, what is the definition of "good people" ? In our today's world, some people who consider themselves as good people are evil to others. Ones truth is not everybody's truth. Has been like that since the dawn of mankind and there is no real reason why it should change.
Secondly, IMHO, those rationalists are also utopists. This is that famous theory whereby a child is supposed to acquire everything by itself wiithout directions, just by life experience. You and I are old enough to know that some have never learned and wll never do. Are they considered "evil" due to lack of guidance/education or is it their born nature?
A very old debate, i know, are we born good, evil or "blank" ...

Careful, your worldview is showing.

Well, the author's theory is not as simple as I stated it. It's challenging reading and I'm still working on becoming conversant with it. You should read the book, Viviane, I think you will find it interesting. Then we can start another thread here to discuss it and other books. Anyone else interested? I'm thinking of non-fiction, thought provoking, non-ideological books on controversial topics, global warming for example. No pun intended (well maybe intended), but I would love to have a forum where we could discuss substantive things in a way that would generate light and not heat. We could have it on the iPad Forum site because we would of course be reading the books on our iPad. ;)

Poppy

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FINALLY a 13 hour egg! Whew! Lichen/storm did the trick on the 2nd attempt with that combo. My kids are going to be so happy! Thanks for all your help everyone. Now to try for a sun and moon, which have also both been eluding us. :rolleyes:

Congrats on your Bloom hunt. The gate is wide open for rares. Especially suns and moons. Good luck. Use the same combo.

mc_neeze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey 250! Wow miss a couple days on this forum and miss alot. Right now I am at 11. I figure i Have Panlong's in the HC so I might as well bust them out. I found a handy chart online and ill do some digging but I think you might of hit the max.

Hi 250 found what I was after, looks like the biggest Poppy Pan Gold FActory you can have is 14. Take a look at the pic

PES_Island1.png

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Careful, your worldview is showing.

Well, the author's theory is not as simple as I stated it. It's challenging reading and I'm still working on becoming conversant with it. You should read the book, Viviane, I think you will find it interesting. Then we can start another thread here to discuss it and other books. Anyone else interested? I'm thinking of non-fiction, thought provoking, non-ideological books on controversial topics, global warming for example. No pun intended (well maybe intended), but I would love to have a forum where we could discuss substantive things in a way that would generate light and not heat. We could have it on the iPad Forum site because we would of course be reading the books on our iPad. ;)

Poppy

I would be very interested in joining your book club. You have one member.

mc_neeze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, this is good to have! How long did it take you to bred your Pans?

Hi Segbert. Took quite a bit of time. Plus I had a late start because I think Shelley and I were about the last to get two. So I currently have 35 Pan's including two breeding. And if you look at my island it shows the two Large Earth Habitats already built but they are under construction.

I have 43 out of 50 level 15's on Earth/Air/Fire/Water Shrines. So seven more Pans

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
P.P.S. We're heading out to the O.B. right now for an ultrasound to hopefully find out if we're being given a girl or a boy.
P.P.P.S. Any suggestions for a color scheme for adding Bloom to my signature?

Oh Yay! I'm excited for your ultrasound! :)

Ummm...good luck on the color scheme there for bloom...

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Attaching a pic of a fun dragon - I just saw this in a co-worker's cube, and thought wow, wouldn't it be fun to have one like this?! So I borrowed it for a minute to scan in and send to you all. I have no idea what it would be called, but it's clearly a fire-based dragon.

BFS, are you listening?? (Shall I post this to the wish list too, do you think?)

View attachment 12714

Wow, yes! That is way cool. It would be good to post in the wishlist too I think. :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello DV land. I arrived in Hong Kong today where it is balmy with a nice cool breeze. Walked up and down Nathan Rd for a few hours and now ready for bed. Thankfully we have wifi in the hotel, so managed to get my DV fix. 10 hours my poor dragons spent without me, thankfully they survived lol.

Si

That is so cool Simon! Have fun! :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FINALLY a 13 hour egg! Whew! Lichen/storm did the trick on the 2nd attempt with that combo. My kids are going to be so happy! Thanks for all your help everyone. Now to try for a sun and moon, which have also both been eluding us. :rolleyes:

Yay! Congrats! :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prior to the update, we were encouraged to write our wish list. One of the things I put on the wish list was for a dragon that covered the three elements that were missing with the panlong. I made this request simply because I knew it would make it easier to work towards the gold shrines, especially considering the high price paid for quick feeds, and powering up. It was mentioned that BFS read our threads. I'm so glad they do.

So, BFS, thanks for bloom, the most beautiful dragon of all. I have named my first one GTgirl.

Somewhere lurking in my parks you will find a wise panlong dragon called poppy. There is also a fletch, brooklyn, vampi and others.... I remember when I first started reading this thread, well before I joined, there was some great advice listed by great people - that is what made this community so attractive and endearing for me.

Oh, wow. Thank you. :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts