What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia errors after 5.1.1 Jailbreak

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just jailbroke my iPad2 with Absinthe 2.0. Seemed to work well. The Cydia icon shows up. When I try to install apps that I have already purchased I keep getting HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Errors as well as occ Hash Sum mismatch errors. Also some apps (PKGBackup for one) wont show any of the details when selecting them. I have tried hard reset. Any other suggestions.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you are experiencing is the "hammering" that the Cydia servers are getting. Now that everyone is jailbreaking their various iOS 5.1.1 devices, they are going right to Cydia. It's putting too much of a load on the servers.

All I can recommend is to keep trying. This will continue for a while (heck, when the jail break for the iPhone 4S came out, the servers were wonky for days!).

Hang in there, it'll just take some time.

Marilyn

OP
J

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks,
This is the first time I've run a Jailbreak on release day. I have tried the installs several times and was finally able to get PKGBackup to install and restore my backup. It all looks good for now. Persistence pays off.

shanezam203

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting the same errors today, I will keep trying.

I am not able to load any apps in Cydia at all, and then when I search for SB Settings or GV Extension, another app comes up, Iphone Firmware (/sbin)

Does that happen to anyone else?

BoddhiC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for having an answer to this question so quickly. I mainly wanted to install pkgbackup from cydia so that I could restore my apps from dropbox. I too got the hashsum error. So, I just tried to install it several times. On about the sixth time it went through to completion. Must have got a brief window in the cydia onslaught...

ganeshx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cydia not opening after jailbreaking with absinthe 2.0.1

cydia not opening after jailbreaking new ipad with absinthe 2.0.1
i followed exactly the steps in "absinthe 2.0.1" readme, jailbreaking was successful but when i open cydia it just closes itself.
is it possible to re-jailbreak? i tried but it says the device is already jailbroken

OP
J

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just the servers at Cydia being overloaded. You may have to open it several times or even wait a couple of days.

johnnynunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ganeshx said:
cydia not opening after jailbreaking new ipad with absinthe 2.0.1
i followed exactly the steps in "absinthe 2.0.1" readme, jailbreaking was successful but when i open cydia it just closes itself.
is it possible to re-jailbreak? i tried but it says the device is already jailbroken

Same problem here...

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same errors coming up a lot. I just kept persistent and kept on trying to install and finally packages was installing first time around more frequently.

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep its all working fine now apart from the expected tweak download errors due to the overloading of the servers

odom92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First jailbreak ever on my iPhone4S and all free apps on Cydia are giving me the error Cannot Locate Package and the free is in grey.
What could be wrong?

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its the servers getting hammered with hundreds of thousands of people all trying to access them. Give it time, keep trying, also go to changes and hit refresh

The B Sharp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem as Ganeshx. I did the jailbreak on my ipad with no problem, however, after I did the jailbreak on my iPhone 4 Cydia itself won't open. I try to open it, and it closes right away. If you try to re-jailbreak, absinthe says the device is already jailbroken. I've tried doing full resets and restores with no luck. Erasing all the data on my phone, nor a restore is removing Cydia.

So long story short, Cydia won't open. I can't reinstall Cydia via absinthe, and I can't remove Cydia with restores or resets. Any ideas?

EDIT: I reinstalled the firmware via iTunes. Cydia is now gone, but absinthe is now saying that the device is unsupported

EDIT 2: Ok... I think I mucked it up now. Just read that Apple pushed out a new update for the iPhone 4 (5.1.1 (9B208)) earlier today. Safe to guess that this is the reason why absinthe is now saying my device is unsuppoted. So take that as a warning.

EDIT 3: (Last edit, I hope). I was able to download and reinstall 5.1.1 (9B206) since Apple is still signing it. Absinthe detected, installed, and everything works.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts