What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia errors after 5.1.1 Jailbreak

johnnynunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The B Sharp said:
I'm having the same problem as Ganeshx. I did the jailbreak on my ipad with no problem, however, after I did the jailbreak on my iPhone 4 Cydia itself won't open. I try to open it, and it closes right away. If you try to re-jailbreak, absinthe says the device is already jailbroken. I've tried doing full resets and restores with no luck. Erasing all the data on my phone, nor a restore is removing Cydia.

So long story short, Cydia won't open. I can't reinstall Cydia via absinthe, and I can't remove Cydia with restores or resets. Any ideas?

EDIT: I reinstalled the firmware via iTunes. Cydia is now gone, but absinthe is now saying that the device is unsupported

EDIT 2: Ok... I think I mucked it up now. Just read that Apple pushed out a new update for the iPhone 4 (5.1.1 (9B208)) earlier today. Safe to guess that this is the reason why absinthe is now saying my device is unsuppoted. So take that as a warning.

EDIT 3: (Last edit, I hope). I was able to download and reinstall 5.1.1 (9B206) since Apple is still signing it. Absinthe detected, installed, and everything works.

Tks solved my problem

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My problems with Cydia appeared to abate once I did this: '
1. Tapped "Change" on the lower bar
2. Tapped "Refresh" in the upper left-hand corner
3. Went and got a beer while I waited for the slow (due to high demand, no doubt) process of refreshing my list of intalled apps.
4.. Occassionally have to try to download two or three times, but I haven't been shut out of any apps since my package list updated.

Most reactions

Latest posts