What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2.1 & snes4iphone

andowhy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My first post, i have been on the forums for a while now, but never had anything of note to contribute. Hoping someone can help me out now.

My iPad is 4.2.1 tethered jailbreak and works a treat, I am trying to install snes4iphone, but when it installs it gets half way through and errors out giving me a 'hash sum mismatch' error. (This is when it is installing the Mobile Substrate on the bottom of the install window).

I OK this error and it tells me to respring (or words to that effect), reloads back to the main ipad screen (however it doesnt lose the jailbreak upon reload). But snes4iphone doesnt install.

Ive tried searching the web for similar problems but havent been able to locate any. Does snes4iphone work with 4.2.1 JB or have I just donated 6 bucks to the Help Cydia fund?

Regards,
Darren

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had problems same as yours. The cure is to change your DNS server. on the iPad and iPhone, if you have one, to another DNS public server such as google at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4, I couldn't download anything related to Mobilesubstrate over wifi, was OK over 3G. After you change the DNS server and try again, you will probably get an Hash error, just try again and it will download fine. Apparently some ISP's are blocking something that Cydia needs to download Mobilesubstrate and a few other programs. To change the DNS setting go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > NETWORK > WIFI > CHOOSE A NETWORK > tap blue arrow on right > under DHCP tab select DNS, clear the current DNS address, and type your new DNS setting such as 8.8.8.8 .

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts