What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't establish a VPN connection after jailbreak (Ipad3, 5.1.1, absinthe 2.0)

someguy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used absinthe-win-2.0.2 to jailbreak my ipad 3 with 5.1.1. Everything is working fine except for VPN. When I try to make a VPN connection it says "An unrecoverable error occurred". I need VPN to work

I also jailbroke my iphone 4 with absinthe 2.0.2 with os 5.1.1 and VPN works fine.

Does anyone have problems with VPN on ipad 3, or is it working for anyone?

ViperzIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
someguy123 said:
I have used absinthe-win-2.0.2 to jailbreak my ipad 3 with 5.1.1. Everything is working fine except for VPN. When I try to make a VPN connection it says "An unrecoverable error occurred". I need VPN to work

I also jailbroke my iphone 4 with absinthe 2.0.2 with os 5.1.1 and VPN works fine.

Does anyone have problems with VPN on ipad 3, or is it working for anyone?

Mine is working fine.

Jailbroken iPad3

OP
S

someguy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have wifi or 4g model?
Mine is wifi.

I have no idea why it is not working. I have restored and jailbroken again, but it still doesn't work.

Last edited:
OP
S

someguy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it to work. All I had to do is reboot my ipad. Now I can use VPN!!!!
Note: I had SBSettings installed and rebooted using it. If you power off and on it will probably have the same effect.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great. Glad to hear you got it fixed (I couldn't chime in because I don't have/use VPN).

Guess now we know that the first thing to try with even a jail broken iPad is a restart or a reset. Kewl!

Thanks for the update and letting us know you've solved your problem (and how you did it). We always appreciate hearing back on the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts