China unveils bootleg version of iPad and calls it the iPed

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fotonutz, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Linkreincarnate

Linkreincarnate
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Why all the hate on knock offs? To me they provide a valuable service, to whit they reduce the idiot population on the iPad. Either you bought the knockoff fully knowing it was a knockoff and just wanted something for cheap (in which case we're cool... No really, you're not the idiot I'm talking about) or you were tricked into buying something you though was an iPad. If you actually bought a iPed thinking it was an iPad you are a god damned idiot and don't deserve an iPad or even oxygen. Just die and clean up the gene pool a little.

Btw doesn't iPed sound like an app for finding pedophiles...

#11 Linkreincarnate, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  2. FirstApple

FirstApple
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone. Just for fun to play, I just bought this iPad knockoff Irobot 7" android powered for usd80 with 1gb onboard, 4gb sd card, wifi, webcam USB, Ethernet port here in china (zhuhai) It's 1.6 android and v1.7.3.
    I have downloaded 30 apps in the market and it's working flawlessly. The 2 USB port is good which I can attached my wireless mouse, and read my 4gb thumb drive. Response is quite fast but the resistive touch screen is not good as iPad. Weight is I think 1/4 of iPad and batt life is about 3.5hrs with continuos use. Good for kids and for those who want to try android. Camera is not that clear but haven't tried yet for video calls using fring.

3. Fotonutz

Fotonutz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Wow!
    US$80 only?

Is it widely available in china?

As I'm not an Android user, are the bundled software adequate for surfing the net?

4. alanok

alanok
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i remember hearing about a cell fone that lit itself on fire.. burning a hole through this chicks backpocket.. in america.. just sayin!

5. Fotonutz

Fotonutz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I know......I recall reading that a cellphone exploded in China and the guy was sent to the hospital by his colleagues.

He placed the cellphone on his left shirt pocket and when the battery exploded, it sent the phone shrapnels into his heart.

Miraculously, the guy survived the ordeal.

So, let's hope the chinese copycats bothered to make these things safer......

6. Timmah

Timmah
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Or just don't buy it? Lol

7. tccc143

tccc143
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Iped

I bought one of the Irobot Apad's (Iped) and it works great. Basically have ditched my IPOD touch for it. I watch movies in 720P, mine has a dual core processor at 1.2ghz with 128mb ram, a 16gb SSD drive, mini SD card reader up to 32gb, web cam, WiFi, 2 usb ports, 3g router support, and it works great. It does use Googles Android system, but it is good, alot like the Ipod Touch just bigger. Android still has fewer apps than Apple but it is growing. So far I am loving it.

8. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Wouldn't it be a hoot to find out that Apple owned that company too? After all, GM owns Chevrolet and Cadillac, Ford owns, well Ford and Lincoln and Chrysler... well I am not sure Chrysler even knows what they are doing from one day to the next!

9. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    GM built some of the defective Toyotas! LOL!

10. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    #20 MikesTooLz, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010