What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Mini Rumours Surface in China Today

Japaholic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't the iPad mini an iPod touch?

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Stormborn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think they will as that would highly cannibalize iPad sales. Maybe they will replace the iPod touch with a slightly bigger version but unless they gimp an iPad mini there wouldn't be a lot of reason to buy a full size one. I think if they do, then they will start down a road of cheapening their products. Jobs had it right. Keep it minimalist.

jimmiesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to Apple and I may have switched over to iPad sooner if they offered a smaller one. If a smaller one were to be released, that would all but decimate the remaining competition. Consumers who want a 7" tablet have no other option than Android. The downside would be costs to run separate production lines to only sell a few more tablets. I think it may be foolish to divide the existing iPad sales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless you can find a market for 5-10m units a quarter, it would be a waste of resources.

The cost will be virtually the same as the iPad. There is no real savings in a smaller screen size.

I just don't see the market.

Kindle Fire sales apparently went to existing Kindle owners.

What is the TAM now? It takes 3-5 million units to fill Samsung's reseller inventory worldwide. Beyond that you can start counting end user sales.

I've not seen any market research or sales figures that make this market attractive.

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't the iPad mini an iPod touch?

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Yes, if apple release an iPod that have sim card slot.
Oh wait, they already have, it's called iPhone :D

On a serious note, iPod, iPhone and iPad all have a specific characteristic that you can't said iPad is a big iPhone/iPod and vice versa.

Most reactions

Latest posts