What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Mini Rumours Surface in China Today

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_mini_kotaku_report.JPG

Kotaku has word today of fresh rumours about the possibility of Apple launching a mini version of the iPad. According to the report, the latest rumour first appeared on Chinese website NetEase, and says that the new, smaller version of the iPad will be released in Q3 of 2012, in a bid by Apple to “counter attack†the forthcoming Windows 8 tablets. NetEase goes on to say that the new iPad minis will cost in the region of $249 to $299, with an initial shipment of 6 million units planned. NetEase even has information on the companies that will be making the new iPad mini, namely Foxconn and Pegatron. Kotaku notes that Pegatron was previously a subsidiary of Asustek, the company that is currently working on a new line of Android tablets for Google. As the chatter from Apple’s supply chain grows ever louder about the possibility of an iPad mini from Apple, it starts to sound more and more credible.

Source: Rumors of an iPad Mini Swirl in China
via AppleInsider

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll believe it when Apple tells us! Just another rumour.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I'll believe it when Apple tells us! Just another rumour.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Yup!!! No need to go back and forth on this until then!!

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Samsung tablets have 3 different screen size, releasing a new iPad with a variation in size could be a great strategy for apple.
And they also had done it before with iPod.

rhunt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would really be exciting how this rumor would suppose to turn up in the real market. I am enticed to know how Apple would play this one out considering how they were really firm with their statements as to how the size of the iPad is really the standard when talking about how tablets should be sufficiently sized. I would likely consider that as a bigger version of the iPod touch considering that firm stance.

pyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New names for iPad models

Much as we would have loved Apple to name their latest iPad 3 (which they didn't), here's the alternative.
For that we call it the niPad (knee Pad!) since it's the new iPad.
And for the mini one, it's miPad.
Easy, now we can easily know which model is which. Cool, eh? Cheers.

wosiccp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is news can make me believe, apple need to launch this product to get more shares of markets.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it would be pretty neat, but they are just asking to get haunted by the ghost of Steve Jobs....:)

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Except the size, personally have no idea what is the difference between new iPad and new iPad mini?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AirPlayit said:
Thanks for sharing. Except the size, personally have no idea what is the difference between new iPad and new iPad mini?

Well, the basic difference is that one exists in reality and the other does not ;-)

Spektakx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do people keep talking about size???? Ever hear of an iPod or iPhone, they are small.

Most reactions

Latest posts