What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Checking validity of SHSH blobs

gobbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently made a purchase online for an Ipad 4. I was emailed 3 different shsh blobs for the ipad, but I want to ensure that these blobs are indeed valid and are for this particular ipad. Which program should I use check the blobs? Also could you provide the download link for the program as there are many versions for each program. Thanks for the help.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's extremely difficult to check on the iPhone 4S and above, the iPad 3 and above, the iPod Touch 5th Generation, and the Apple TV 3. The most common blob/APTicket retrieval utilities are TinyUmbrella, iFaith, RedSn0w and Cydia (for older iOS). TinyUmbrella does not check for validity, it only caches it. iFaith checks only for pre-A5 devices because they're the only devices that can utilize custom IPSW. RedSn0w has not been updated with the new iOS 6 algorithm, and Cydia has had it fixed only for 6.1.3, 6.1.4 and 6.1.5. AFAIK, there aren't any tools that does it for you, you'd have to get your hands on an on-board exploit to attempt to install a custom IPSW that you manually made for the device (not by utility), and see if it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts