What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case, case, and more case questions?

billpool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a basic 'butterfinger" when it comes to these HiTek items, I changed from the Apple Case to the OtterBox Defender and feel much safer now:)

Metal on the HTC/HD2 FWIW....;)

OP
I

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a basic 'butterfinger" when it comes to these HiTek items, I changed from the Apple Case to the OtterBox Defender and feel much safer now:)

Metal on the HTC/HD2 FWIW....;)

I have used their water proof cases for years on my iPods. They are great for listening to music on my motorcycles.

iCrush

a.don.is

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
adonistech.wordpress.com
Ok after extensive research (lol) and reading all the posts in this thread, ive decided that as far as a case goes, Im going the route of the book style pseudo-leather case. You know, the kind that you can prop up at several different viewing/typing angles? Now I just need to choose a brand. Any suggestions?

a.don.is
"Yes, this is the iPad. Can you hold it? Well at the expense of sounding rude... F*CK NO! Have a nice day!" ;-)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok after extensive research (lol) and reading all the posts in this thread, ive decided that as far as a case goes, Im going the route of the book style pseudo-leather case. You know, the kind that you can prop up at several different viewing/typing angles? Now I just need to choose a brand. Any suggestions?

If you're looking at Moleskine-style bookcases, there are a few to choose from: Treegloo, Pad and Quill, Portenzo, Caveman Case and of course, DodoCase, which is the probably the best-known (but notoriously plagued with durability problems with its holding pads and bamboo frame.) Treegloo probably has the best price point of these, and also the most options for customizing; Portenzo actually offers real leather and other exotic material (e.g. stingray) as an option in place of the Moleskine-style faux leather.

M-Edge also have a "Trip Jacket" which is loosely modelled after the Moleskine style, but it's about mid-priced - for a little bit more you can go for a made-to-order customized case from one of the vendors above. TwelveSouth also has a BookBook which disguises your iPad as an old-fashioned book, and Nedrelow does the same except that it a very minimalist modern-looking binding (and I think it's also priced higher.)

Last edited:

a.don.is

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
adonistech.wordpress.com

If you're looking at Moleskine-style bookcases, there are a few to choose from: Treegloo, Pad and Quill, Portenzo, Caveman Case and of course, DodoCase, which is the probably the best-known (but notoriously plagued with durability problems with its holding pads and bamboo frame.) Treegloo probably has the best price point of these, and also the most options for customizing; Portenzo actually offers real leather and other exotic material (e.g. stingray) as an option in place of the Moleskine-style faux leather.

M-Edge also have a "Trip Jacket" which is loosely modelled after the Moleskine style, but it's about mid-priced - for a little bit more you can go for a made-to-order customized case from one of the vendors above. TwelveSouth also has a BookBook which disguises your iPad as an old-fashioned book, and Nedrelow does the same except that it a very minimalist modern-looking binding (and I think it's also priced higher.)
Awesome! Thanks for the info! Im really liking the BookBook. The Dodo is good also but the issues scare me LOL Treegloo Im still evaluating...

a.don.is

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm leaning toward this style, also. At this point my preference is to purchase the Apple iPad case for $39.00.

Mike

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the info! Im really liking the BookBook. The Dodo is good also but the issues scare me LOL Treegloo Im still evaluating...

a.don.is

The BookBook is a pretty cool product, but I think the style and look - vintage bookbinding - is not for everyone (me included.) If anything, it looks a bit too ostentatious.

As for the Dodo (how aptly named) - the fact that their issues have been known for so long and still remain unresolved was what scared me off. I would rather they focussed on fixing and improving their core product, rather than spinning off other merchandise and coasting along on their reputation, and ignoring product problems.

Treegloo is new to me, but their price point and customization options were a big plus. Also, they were very responsive on emails when I asked them some questions.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't mention - the other deal-breaker for me with "BookBook" was the zippers. I do not like zippers, nor magnetic closures. (It's just me.)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my Treegloo about a few weeks ago, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Craftsmanship is first-rate; the Paris city map I chose for my inner liner is perfect. (I used to collect maps as an architecture student.) I would not hesitate recommending Treegloo to anyone considering one (although their prices seem to have gone up a little since I ordered.)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my Treegloo case, with its matching "seamless" wallpaper:

iPadWithParisMapAndWallpaper-HiRes.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts