What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get online to my other forum since upgrade

mollytwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved Can't get online to my other forum since upgrade

Hi,
I have had my mini ipad for about a month now and everything has been working fine until the new upgrade that arrived last week.
I belong to another forum which is a photo manip type and I moderate on that forum. When I first got my mini, I was able to login in to this forum. I don't have any problems with anything else, I can use the email, messages and all the rest of the apps, it is just this one forum that is the problem. It was okay up until the upgrade.
:(
Can anyone here tell me how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated so I won't have to boot up my desktop every time I want to post in that forum.

Last edited:
OP
M

mollytwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my desktop, I use Firefox. I have been able to login into my gimp chat forum with my ipad until the upgrade and now it won't login to that forum and but logins into everything else. This is very strange cuz I didn't change anything.

OP
M

mollytwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really need to be able to log into this other forum from my ipad. In order for me to post replys,
I have to boot up my desktop to answer them which I didn't have to do before this IOS7 upgrade.
I thought if I deleted the icon and got rid of it and reboot that would help, but it is in history and I don't know how to get it out of there. I tried a couple of the methods I saw when I googled and I found the history and the forum link but couldn't find how to delete it. I can delete all the history okay, but I really didn't want to do it that way. just want to delete the one link.

OP
M

mollytwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really need to be able to log into this other forum from my ipad. In order for me to post replys,
I have to boot up my desktop to answer them which I didn't have to do before this IOS7 upgrade.
I thought if I deleted the icon and got rid of it and reboot that would help, but it is in history and I don't know how to get it out of there. I tried a couple of the methods I saw when I googled and I found the history and the forum link but couldn't find how to delete it. I can delete all the history okay, but I really didn't want to do it that way. just want to delete the one link.
It looks like I am not going to get any help or a fix to this problem. I am very disappointed in this new OS7. I have to have a fix on this or there is no use of me owning an ipad in which I loved until the new update screwed it up. I just can't understand why all of a sudden I can't go online to my Gimp forum which I need cuz I moderate that forum and it is a hassle having to go to my desk top every time I need to post a reply.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It must be that the new upgrade for Safari is somehow preventing that forum from working on your iPad.

Have you checked with the forum IT folk to see if there is something they can do in their end?

Or, as The Archangel suggested, have you looked to see if your forum is available via a forum browser app such as Tapatalk or Forum Runner? It may be something to look into while your forum staff/owners research the issue...

Marilyn

OP
M

mollytwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed my password and that got me online in my ipad... Thanks folks for trying to help.

Most reactions

Latest posts