What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad4 bug issue after upgrading to ios7 !!

Ali9si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody ,

Since yesterday and after the upgrade to ios7 my ipad 4 started to have a bug problem with imposting the wallpapers ;when i try to choose a wallpaper under settings i've noteced that it takes long time until it gives me the confirmation to choose it, plus the three options (set as a lock screen,home and both) don't respond immediately after i try to touch one of them it takes some seconds until it confirms the choice.Another problem i've noteced since the upgrade of yesterday ,when i tried to close some of the running apps i saw that some of them continued to flash with bright and dim light until i had to close them !!!

I tried to reinstall the software again by using iTunes but it didn't solve this bug issue unfortunately.

Thanks for your help in advanced and many thanks to this useful forum

Rojas4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice that small delay as well on iPad mini but I'm not planing on changing the wallpaper that often.
I'm sure they will fix it soon,
I also notice that my email app does not remember the printer I need to choose my printer every time I need to print an email.

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the delay stuff but I can't set my wallpaper.

Say I pull a pic from my album then try to frame and size it for wallpaper;
it says move and scale but your picture just goes to full size and ends up
distorting when it comes to page, there is no setting of it lest I'm doing it wrong?

Anybody else having this problem?
IPad 2 32k/3G ios7

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it seems that setting wallpaper on the iPad is a bit of stress and strain.

You can resize the photo, it's just that the iPad is so slow to respond that it seems as if isn't working. So, just make one movement to resize the photo and then wait. Eventually, the iPad will respond.

We are so used to a fast response that this really is jarring. Hopefully, it will get fixed because I must admit that it drives me bonkers also! :)

In addition to hoping that it get fixed, maybe if we all send feedback to Apple, they' address it? The link to Apple's feedback is: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Marilyn

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the delay stuff but I can't set my wallpaper.

Say I pull a pic from my album then try to frame and size it for wallpaper;
it says move and scale but your picture just goes to full size and ends up
distorting when it comes to page, there is no setting of it lest I'm doing it wrong?

Anybody else having this problem?
IPad 2 32k/3G ios7

You are not alone, what a pain! Still, I am vertical and breathing so that's definitely a bonus :)

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score

You can resize the photo, it's just that the iPad is so slow to respond that it seems as if isn't working. So, just make one movement to resize the photo and then wait. Eventually, the iPad will respond.

We are so used to a fast response that this really is jarring. Hopefully, it will get fixed because I must admit that it drives me bonkers also! :)

In addition to hoping that it get fixed, maybe if we all send feedback to Apple, they' address it? The link to Apple's feedback is: Apple - Feedback

Marilyn
shame there is no feedback on the IOS7 on that page.

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, did try on wallpapers and in regular photos but had no luck.
Though I could choose photo even after holding to size it still went to
full frame when set to screen.
As others have mentioned eventually this will probably be addressed
but at present I cannot instigate the actions you dictated and if you can
offer more I'd be appreciative as I do enjoy putting favorite pics on my
home screen.

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score

In addition to hoping that it get fixed, maybe if we all send feedback to Apple, they' address it? The link to Apple's feedback is: Apple - Feedback

Marilyn
Thanks, did try on wallpapers and in regular photos but had no luck.
Though I could choose photo even after holding to size it still went to
full frame when set to screen.
As others have mentioned eventually this will probably be addressed
but at present I cannot instigate the actions you dictated and if you can
offer more I'd be appreciative as I do enjoy putting favorite pics on my
home screen.

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score

@ Mickey330 & Marilyn
Went back, took my time and after moving and then holding the pic after resizing
there's like a little minuscule jump, I then let go and hit set and it worked!

Did anyone notice that the pics are rougher, more pixelated, or higher in contrast
when brought to page. I know the original was a premium and I've used it before
as my home page; any ideas or thoughts??
No Matter...Thank You Bunches for all your help thus far!!

Last edited:

iLoner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Setting wallpaper on my iPad 2 is very slow, although, from the videos I've seen, it seems to be slower on the fourth generation iPad.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is slower on iPad 4 indeed. :(
although this thread is about bugs in IOS7, my iPad 2 seems just as quick, indeed in some areas quicker, and battery usage is definitely no worse than IOS6. 5 hours of mixed browsing using WiFi, reading and using other apps shows still 50% battery life left, which is just about what it was previously.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

donnac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry everyone. New to this site. I upgraded my IPad 2 to IOS7. Now all my apps (the ones that needed to be upgraded) are grayed out and/or state waiting. I can't open or delete them for reinstalling. Any suggestions. I tried to reset using the sleep menu key...no luck. Can't power down. Frustrated and feeling a little stupid. Any help appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts