What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail icon notification won't go to zero

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I have this little issue with the mail icon on my Ipad mini and I guess if I can't find the solution here, I won't find it anywhere.. So here's the thing. Next to my email icon on my desktop, I usually get a red dot with the number of emails that are unopened. Problem is, it's off. It will not go to zero. Even if I delete all the emails in the mailbox, it stays at 11. It counts up from there, so 12 means I have one unread email. Is there any way to get this fixed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I have this little issue with the mail icon on my Ipad mini and I guess if I can't find the solution here, I won't find it anywhere.. So here's the thing. Next to my email icon on my desktop, I usually get a red dot with the number of emails that are unopened. Problem is, it's off. It will not go to zero. Even if I delete all the emails in the mailbox, it stays at 11. It counts up from there, so 12 means I have one unread email. Is there any way to get this fixed?

Hi, Wendy! Welcome to iPF!

I'd suggest to try the usual troubleshooting fixes such as rebooting your iPad or restarting it first.
Another possibility would be to delete the email account that's causing the issue and reinstalling it. Perhaps the notification will disappear then.
If you use an app, such as Gmail or something similar, sign out and in again.

Last edited:
OP
T

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I removed the account from the mail app and put it back. The problem is fixed! So simple I didn't even think of it. Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Chances are you had an unread email in your Trash, Junk Mail, or some folder than the Inbox(es). If this happens again, just tap the Mailbox button at at the top left of the mail list so that you can see the Inboxes and Accounts listed. You will see a number to the right of any folder or account with unread email in it. Just follow the numbers to the right folder, and mark the email read.

This happens most often in the Junk Mail folder(s), since mail can get sent there automatically.

OP
T

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I did check those things, they were not the case. It was just off.. but everything has been working fine since I removed and restored it.

Cordi2708

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
My English is very bad!!! But I try to explane my Problem :)
How can i delete my Tapatalk-Account?
With regards from Germany!
Cordi2708

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Cordi2708

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
How can I contact the Admin?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello!
My English is very bad!!! But I try to explane my Problem :)
How can i delete my Tapatalk-Account?
With regards from Germany!
Cordi2708

Hi Cordi and welcome to the forum. Just hold your finger over the Tapatalk icon until it wiggles and then tap on the X to delete it from your iPad. You can always get it back in future by tapping on the App Store icon and then find that app in "Purchased".
Un ihr Englisch ist sehr gut:)
Andrew

Edit: Oh, and Cordi, I've deleted your other post. Please do not make similar posts in different threads as that fragments the conversation and is against the forum rules.

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello! My English is very bad!!! But I try to explane my Problem :) How can i delete my Tapatalk-Account? With regards from Germany! Cordi2708 Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk
Hi, welcome to iPF!

There's a forum for members who'd like to post in German: http://www.ipadforums.net/german-dedicated-ipad-forum/
If you have another question, you can post it there.

Es gibt es deutschsprachiges Forum hier. Den Link habe ich oben dazugefügt. Wenn Sie noch eine andere Frage haben, können Sie diese dort auch stellen.
iPF ist ein tolles Forum. Ich hoffe, es gefällt Ihnen hier genauso gut wie mir. :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello!
How can I contact the Admin?

Hi Cordi, did you want to contact Admin regarding removal of the Tapatalk icon, which you should be able to do now?
If it is another matter that you do not want to raise in open forum, leelai an Admin in my time zone is on-line now and you can send a personal message to her. Or if you think I may be able to help you, you are welcome to send a message to me.
Andrew

Cordi2708

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Andrew!
I want to contact the Admin to ask him how to delete my Tapatalk-Account.
Or do You know it? Maybe you can help me!?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Andrew!
I want to contact the Admin to ask him how to delete my Tapatalk-Account.
Or do You know it? Maybe you can help me!?

OK Cordi, I have answered your question in a post above. Also see Johanna's advice about taking part in discussions in our German-speaking sub-forum. Your English is so good you should have no problem in joining any of the threads here as well.
Alles Gute!
Andrew

Most reactions