What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we connect any USB device to iPad 4?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, well, I guess it depends on the particular device. I can connect External USB HD's and USB flash drives but let us know what you want to connect and we can hopefully give you better advice.

The Archangel

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, well, I guess it depends on the particular device. I can connect External USB HD's and USB flash drives but let us know what you want to connect and we can hopefully give you better advice.

The Archangel

A USB modem.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any way to connect a USB modem to an iPad, AFAIK you can only use a wifi connection or the built-in cellular connection (if you have a cellular iPad).

The Archangel

Thanks. Thought so. Just ensured in case my wifi goes wrong somewhere.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You CAN connect a USB "modem" (AKA "Surfstick") using the same iUSBPort Gabriel1 uses to connect his external Hard Drive. At least this is what the user manual says...

That is interesting, I know there have been quite a few updates since I last used mine so I need to shake off this tardiness and get myself up to date.

The Archangel

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
You CAN connect a USB "modem" (AKA "Surfstick") using the same iUSBPort Gabriel1 uses to connect his external Hard Drive. At least this is what the user manual says...
Just to avoid any angry words or thoughts later on:
This is how I do understand the user manual... I did not try it out, although I plan to do it...
Will update here once I tried!

opsguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is another item I use to stream files and transfer files to my iPad. It is called the Wi-Drive made by Kingston. I have the 64GB one but they also make a 32GB and 128GB. It works great and three devices can connect at the same time. I can also use it as a bridge and provide internet to up to three of my friends devices.

Just search for Kingston Wi-Drive.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is another item I use to stream files and transfer files to my iPad. It is called the Wi-Drive made by Kingston. I have the 64GB one but they also make a 32GB and 128GB. It works great and three devices can connect at the same time. I can also use it as a bridge and provide internet to up to three of my friends devices.

Just search for Kingston Wi-Drive.

Thanks.

Most reactions