What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hubby's iPad is listed as mine? can we re-name the iPad?

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hubby just got his own iPad 4 yesterday. I had set up his iTunes account a few weeks prior when i put his music on his laptop(PC). We set his tablet up at the apple store and registered it under his name. When i plugged in the tablet via USB, the iPad came up under my name's iPad. when I first set up his iTunes account, I used my debit card to our joint account. I had to change the card info because my card was hacked last week-We re-set the card info with his debit card and under his name prior to connecting to his computer. Is it because the original card was under my name and even though we changed the card info?
Is there a way to change the ownership of the iPad other than a total reset? Could the name be a problem? I do not plan on connecting his iPad to my iMac unless his PC dies.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hubby just got his own iPad 4 yesterday. I had set up his iTunes account a few weeks prior when i put his music on his laptop(PC). We set his tablet up at the apple store and registered it under his name. When i plugged in the tablet via USB, the iPad came up under my name's iPad. when I first set up his iTunes account, I used my debit card to our joint account. I had to change the card info because my card was hacked last week-We re-set the card info with his debit card and under his name prior to connecting to his computer. Is it because the original card was under my name and even though we changed the card info?
Is there a way to change the ownership of the iPad other than a total reset? Could the name be a problem? I do not plan on connecting his iPad to my iMac unless his PC dies.

In iTunes on your pc, choose "edit" in your toolbar, then "Settings", and there "Devices". There look for a sentence saying "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically" and uncheck it if it's checkmarked and click OK. Then close iTunes, try to connect his iPad again as you did before.

Most reactions